What is the best way to perfect bind glossy paper?

mphan0302

I have many clients who want to print on C2S Text and have it perfect bound. Because of the glossy coat the glue on my perfect binder can't keep them bound. I was wonder if there is any trick to perfect bind glossy paper?

Change glue. Sorry I can't be more specific, but this shouldn't be a problem. What type of perfectbinder do you have?

Our Sterling Digibinder can bind coated stock:

The STERLING® DIGIBINDER® is a fully automated perfect binder. The pneumatic clamp and the nipper adjust automatically. The unique roughing blade roughs and notches the entire backbone of the book. Twin glue applicating rollers and a third metering roller, ensure an even glue application. There is absolutely no set up. Go from thick books to thin books without any adjustments! A silent air compressor is supplied with the machine.

One-New Sterling Digibinder perfect binder............................ $11,950

I also recommend our two types of glue: Supplies

See attached.

David Spiel
Spiel Associates, Inc.
45-01 Northern Blvd.
Long Island City, NY 11101
718-392-7900
[email protected]

I have many clients who want to print on C2S Text and have it perfect bound. Because of the glossy coat the glue on my perfect binder can't keep them bound. I was wonder if there is any trick to perfect bind glossy paper?

You'll more than likely have to move away from a perfect binder with traditional EVA glue and get a perfect binder that is made to apply PUR adhesive. Do a search for "PUR vs EVA binding" and read up on how PUR is superior for use with glossy stocks, especially glossy stocks printed on digital printers.

There are entry level PUR perfect binders for low volume work and of course other PUR binders for higher volume work.

Are you printing offset or digital?

Switching to PUR is not neccessary. It is a complete myth. The only time PUR is neccessary is when binding extra thick stock.

Our iglue will bind 98% of the work out there:click on: Supplies

David Spiel
Spiel Associates, Inc.
45-01 Northern Blvd.
718-392-7900
[email protected]

Our Sterling Digibinder can bind coated stock:

The STERLING® DIGIBINDER® is a fully automated perfect binder. The pneumatic clamp and the nipper adjust automatically. The unique roughing blade roughs and notches the entire backbone of the book. Twin glue applicating rollers and a third metering roller, ensure an even glue application. There is absolutely no set up. Go from thick books to thin books without any adjustments! A silent air compressor is supplied with the machine.

One-New Sterling Digibinder perfect binder............................ $11,950

I also recommend our two types of glue: Supplies

See attached.

David Spiel
Spiel Associates, Inc.
45-01 Northern Blvd.
718-392-7900
[email protected]

This is what we have. Never a problem with any stocks.

Hey David - Does iglue work better than #094 DigiGlue on coated? We use the #094 and it works great on uncoated but not so much on coated paper. Granted we have an older binder that has a limited roughener for the spine.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back