What's The Best

We are looking to add another wide format printer what wide format printer do you guys think are the best for indoor posters? We usually run the posters on a gloss roll but sometimes on a uncoated roll. I have used HP 5000's should I stay with that or look at other options?

Thanks for your help

Best,
David Quas
Excell Print & Promotions Inc.
www.excellprint-promotions.com

Some questions:

1. Indoor only? This could mean that you seek aqueous-based printers only. Please confirm.
2. What width? 44", 60" or do you need 64"?
3. Posters only or are there other applications?
4. Do you have an external spectro?
5. What about a RIP? Don't ignore this. Most RIPs (Onyx, EFI, etc.) have a nice by-product of saving lots of ink vs. the "OEM driver" that the printer mfgs love to offer.

Unless you need that extra 4" (up to 64") your choice will come down between Canon and HP.
Epson has never really played well in aqueous wide format. HP and Canon printers are much faster and use less ink than Epsons.

Hello Ian yes we only do indoor posters we have a 42" now but i'm willing to go bigger. Most of the stuf we do is posters and some times clients want them laminated so we also do that. we do not have a RIP just the internal one. Do you like the Canon better then the HP?

Thanks for your help.

David
Excell Print & Promotions

David -

We have 15 printers in our lab. HP 2100, 3200, 6100.
Canon 5100, 8100, 9100
Epson 4800, 7880, 7900 and 9880.
(Plus others.)

For non-proofing applications, we like the Canon printers. They are very well made and are very fast. Buy a small RIP for it and you will get better quality with less ink. ($1,500 list.)

It always amazes us that so mnay people will not blink at paying $10K to $15 K on a printer but will be reluctant to buy a RIP for $1,000.

Ping me offline and I can send you some Canon reports.
(We do not sell printers or ink. We do operate an inkjet paper converting facility and a software business.)

[email protected]

How is the 6100 I'm really looking into that printer and this time I will buy the RIP it should make things much faster. Thanks so much for your advise

Dave

6100 is fine.

Feel free to ping us about EFI Fiery XF RIPs for 6100.
we have over 1000 sites in the US with EFI XF and HP 6100.

we also have incredible matte paper for the 6100 if you are laminating and mounting indoors.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back