What's the software with special settings for imacs?

Lukas Engqvist

I saw a post, don't remember where about a calibration software that was specially designed to get the most accurate colour from the imac displays… spent some time looking for it but can't find it :( I even went to the home page and was about to install a trial, but then but it off. Have a client moving to an iMac as they are in need of intel processor for CS5.

Does that ring a bell?

Hi Lukas-

Coloreyes is the one I have heard the most about:
ColorEyes Display Pro

An alternative that others say they have had success with:
basICColor display

Both of these software products are supposed to support a number of spectro devices, so with any luck, you can use what you already have on-hand.

I would be interested in hearing any feedback if anyone out there tries them out as it looks like I will be doing a multi-iMac calibration/profiling project in the near future!

I do that all the time, my ol' noggin holds only a finite amount amount of information:)

Homer Simpson said it best:
"....every time I learn something new, it pushes something old out of my brain."

I just recently ran across this post. The Pre Press Dept. that I am in, just recently switched to new I-Macs. So I was just curios how this turned out. Did you ever try the ColorEyes Display Pro software, or is there a different one that you can recommend?
Thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back