What's this equipment worth?

AP90

I have found a duplo dsf-2000 connected to a 120 and 120t unit. The person selling it said they bought it with some wholesale printing stuff, never had a need for it and never tested it. I'm really interested in this unit as we do a lot of monthly booklets and currently finish on the press. We are also a digital only shop so pre collated sets are perfect for us. Anyone have an idea of the value of this? I'm going to try and do everything I can to get him to test it and test it myself but it's at least a 5 hour drive for me so it won't be easy to do.

I've got a 120 and 120T inline with two collating towers. The bookletmaker and trimmer are not the most heavy duty. Where we found the machine struggling was when trying to jog more than a few sheets at a time prior to stapling. Heavier (coated) stock amplifies the issue. I know this doesn't answer your question on worth, but since you mentioned you're a digital shop and have a lot to run, I thought it was worth bringing up my experiences.

In a former life I was a Duplo dealer. We also bought and sold a lot of used equipment. Sight unseen the equipment is worth nothing. You have no idea if its working, if its been dropped or if the electronics are working.

Stickman42 brings up a good point as well. Even if the system is in good working order, will it do the job you need it to do. I'd also want to know if there is service available in your area. Not every dealer will work on equipment they didn't sell.

So what's it worth? Since the owner never used it nor had need for it I'd say it isn't worth much to him.

We've been going through some issues with our two Duplo Booklet-Makers (a System 3000, and, a DBM 300). Both with trimmers, but not with towers. Even though the machines are not that old, parts are hard to get. Duplo-USA is phasing out service, repair, and parts on machines that are 10 years or older (not very old for typical bindery equipment), because they want you to buy the newer machines instead of fixing the old ones. We have one that's been down for a couple of months. Good thing we had a redundant backup machine. Parts availability has gotten so bad, in some instances, we've had to have a machine shop mill the part we need because it is no longer available.

I wouldn't pay too much for it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back