• Agfa

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Creo

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Kodak

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Regards the Workflow - I would suggest Odystar - Take a look at it and don't dismiss it...

I have used Brisque, and Prinergy, I now think Odystar Blows Both out the water... (My opinion obviously)

Pete

Prinergy is by far the best, slickest and most progressive, it is more visual than others and if given enough CPU's is blisteringly quick, I have also used Apogee and Heidelberg's offering which is also very good (now). Stay away from Screen though, very poor and you will have very little say in any future development..
As far a CTP goes It depends on throughput, also if you do fast turnaround overnight work (NO FAIL) you will need two machines, all CTP devices/autoloaders/processors have downtime.
Thermal I believe is a must, for unrivaled consistency (Kodak or AGFA plates will be the best and depending on the amount you use you should be able to get a good price)
We currently use two Avalon XXTs running 42 plates an hour each, they are fitted with NELA autoloaders. Running over 100,000 plates a year.

How about the software?

How about the software?

This is a great discussion and I feel overwhelmed by some of the responses, being at the lower end of the totem poll. We are a 14x20 printer and under with our flagship press being a 5 color GTO, so when the discussion is based on CTP for the 29" and 40" presses and their workflow, my eyes glaze over and I feel slightly inadequate to respond.

As I'm learning more about CTP I believe that just as important as the box is the software that runs the box. So my question is: what about the software for Heidelberg, AGFA, Kodak (formally Creo) and Screen? Which is better? or better yet which works better with their box?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back