Which Digital Press to go with

Check out the Xerox 700. 2400 dpi x 2400 dpi quality. With the Big Fiery RIP or Creo RIP, you can start to sell your print out immediately. Xerox support is very fast too. Usually same day services. After you saw the print out for Xerox 700, you won't like anything else. If you want to compare with Canon or others, ask them to print a sample for you using the file you provided to them with the same 28 lb regular paper, you will see the differences between different brand.

X700 is not the way to go. we are running one for about 2 months and are having major problem due to creo rip bugs as well as the machine problems. test prints look nice, true, but everyday work is a pain with this unit, at least for now.

Km6500

Km6500

Seems to me there are some issues that need to be explored prior to an equipment decision.

Have you tried to come up with what it would cost to outsource? If not you should as it is an issue at a non profit.

Also what are the negatives/positives of outsourcing to your specific organization? Security, confidential information.

What's the job mix? flat forms? Paper Stocks, Quality expectations

What's the skill set of the new operator? Can they be trained? Will a Fiery and color management be way over their heads.

The items above are so important because you have the Salary, Pay & Benefits of the retiring worker that essentially become the lease payment and meter clicks which means you have a budget of about $3,500/month if you fully load the benefits package as part of your costs.

If the number above is accurate and it should be close that leaves conservatively $125K for a hardware budget which will buy a pretty impressive piece of hardware.

If it were me I'd look at the KM6500 real hard with the best Fiery RIP available.

Now before everybody shoots me I's also look at some of the "Fast Plastic" options as well. Like the Canon 5185 with a Fiery since the volume is low.

I still feel that the support you're going to get from the dealer is more important than the product or price.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back