Which machine?

Hi Missy, I'm new to this site but have sold many brands for 14 years. Although I don't currently sell Konica Minolta, the C6501 actually sounds perfect for what you are looking for, given the price point and the capabilities of the equipment. In otherwords, it is probably the best value out there right now for your needs. I have sold dozens and dozens of these and they are a good product for what your needs appear to be.

Having run the KM6500 as well as the Xerox 2xx, Xerox 700, and Docucolor 5000, I think the best fit is either the X700 or the KM6501 based on what you have said. If uptime is more important I'd go with the X700, if price, I'd go with the KM6501. (I am an operator and owner NOT A SALES REP...)

The big thing I'd look at is the local service personel. Ask each to give references for other customers in your area and get a feel for who has a better service offering. These machines will break, accept that, and sign with who you feel with get you back online the fastest.

That will be $0.02 please. :)

For people saying registration doesn't matter you probably are not printing for the graphic arts. It would be impossible to print 2-sided full bleed anything on a 250. I have a 250, 700 and 8000 and anything full bleed duplex I would only run on my 8000. If I had to put it on the 700 it would just take a little more watching and possible waste - the 250 is a joke and wouldn't even attempt. I'd tell my customer I needed another day rather then try to push the job on the 250. We use it for walk-up customers who need onesy twosy of documents and low res photos.

With that said the reason why we opted to purchase the x700 (and now a new x800) instead of 2 km650X's was for registration reasons. We demo'd the product at the dealers show room and it wouldn't hold our requirments for registration. The 700 is not angel but it does a better job, and the 8000 is always DEAD ON. What we have seen of the x800 which will replace our 8000 is similar tolorances.

For people saying registration doesn't matter you probably are not printing for the graphic arts. It would be impossible to print 2-sided full bleed anything on a 250.

Then I achieve the impossible every day :D

Seriously tho, I agree that a 250 will never register like a 700 or 8000, etc but I think it wrong to say that it would be impossible to print 2 sided full bleed, as I do it every day on my 250. I think the 250 is a cracking little machine, because not all of us can afford the 700's, 8000's, etc...

Easi -

What is the spec of the runs you are able to duplex full bleed? Not doubting, more curious.

11x17/12x18 or 8.5x11?
Cover weight?
1/8" bleed space?

Most of my issues stem from trying to run 20-up business cards on 12x18", 100# Cover, duplex. If you are able to print those out and have the finished cards centered I need to hang out with you for a day.

If im cutting 2-up 8.5x11 on a 12x18 I can sometimes get away with it if the artwork makes it hard to notice an image being off-centered - not so easy to hide on small post cards and business cards.

Arossetti,

I did that kind of stuff all time on a 260. It takes a lot of work!! I run all are stuff on 11x17 or 12x18 with a .1 bleed so it works out on are cutter better. I would not send a job unless it was centered, I do have to redo jobs sometimes.

I killed 2 260's in a year and a half running 80lb and 100lb cover all day. They ran out of them so they gave us a 700. We are trying to talk the CFO into letting us add a 5000ap. We are an in-plant print shop.

Ryan

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back