which printer is best for photo & photo book printing? Need advise!

kerbau78

Hi, im planning on starting a customize photo book printing business (including photo & poster print). But still dont know which brand or kind of printer should i invest on? Someone says epson & some says fujixerox? Its really bother me a lot! Pls throw me some information & suggestion... Thx!!

Hi,

I would suggest you Epson PictureMate 500. Epson's PictureMate 500 allows you to print 6x4in standard prints from anywhere directlyfrom a memory card or digital camera.

Best photo printer ?

Best photo printer ?

Ι would also recommend Epson as they have the best piezoelectric head system with consistent print quality

First off, what are your plans in the long run? Your printer choice is affected by what you plan to do in the near and far future such as expanding your business and adding more printers or simply maintaining your business at a certain size. Smaller printers, for instance, should work for basic printing services, but if you plan on merely using this as a way to jump onto bigger and more complex services, it may be a good investment to buy a printer with much more functionality.

Hi Kerbau!

I couldn't really recommend a certain brand for your need. However, I would just like to advise you that your choice of printer varies upon your printing needs.You have also to consider the resolution that you require, and other features such as print sizes and printing speed. Just always keep in mind that a printer optimized for photo printing will naturally provide a better printing output than all-purpose printers.

If you are deciding between Epson and Fujixerox, I would most definitely go for Epson. As for the model, it will depend on your specific needs whether it's a heavy-duty printer and what kinds of paper you will be using, etc. I would, however, advise you to get an inkjet printer instead of the laser printer since it's not only cheaper but better for photos.

I think it would be a lot cheaper for you in the long run to get a wide format Epson (or other brand if you like better) that way your paper cost goes down and you can dual use the machine for large format signs, banners, clings, etc. which is a hot growing trend and make more money.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back