Who was the Greatest Person in History of Printing?

D Ink Man

Please, just one name please.

I have mine and it will not change. Do not want to skew the answers.

Thank you, should make for very interesting discussion once the players are laid out.

D Ink Man

[h=1][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Bi Sheng 1041 - 1048 (Wiki) invented movable type in China but it stayed local . . . Guttenberg 1468 invented it & the Press in Europe from where it grew throughout the modern world - but for todays world .. . the team that developed Postscript . . . [/FONT][/h]

I have to add two names (breaking the rules): Charles Fenerty and most assuredly Friedrich Gottlob Keller. If you don't know who they are, you should... they burst the one greatest wall that printers faced in making printed matter available to the masses. God bless 'em both: the poor were finally able to buy books and newspapers and still feed their families.

Gordo!! without a doubt!

Har-de-har-har, very funny.

Personally I think the question "Who was the Greatest Person in History of Printing?" is spurious if not down right silly. Unless D Ink Man has some kind of Zen-like twist in mind (which I doubt).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back