Who was the Greatest Person in History of Printing?

Har-de-har-har, very funny.

Personally I think the question "Who was the Greatest Person in History of Printing?" is spurious if not down right silly. Unless D Ink Man has some kind of Zen-like twist in mind (which I doubt).

Look Gordo, your reply here is an ignorant one. It is not silly, just poorly thought out. I understand you wish you had posted the original thread, but normally choose to post cartoon strips in The Lounge which I have no definition how to describe. You are not great and sometimes you are downright disrespectful. This website is suppose to be entertaining as well as educative to help people with problems. Just remember that going forward and stop tearing down, but rather try to lift up others to a deserving plateau. We all have an inherent amount of intelligence and wit, so don't pee on the parades of others who have contrary views of what is inside your head. Apologize to all, but it just hit me at the SPUR of the moment. Now let's carry on as good members of the Print Planet.

D Ink Man

Look Gordo, your reply here is an ignorant one. It is not silly, just poorly thought out. I understand you wish you had posted the original thread, but normally choose to post cartoon strips in The Lounge which I have no definition how to describe. You are not great and sometimes you are downright disrespectful. This website is suppose to be entertaining as well as educative to help people with problems. Just remember that going forward and stop tearing down, but rather try to lift up others to a deserving plateau. We all have an inherent amount of intelligence and wit, so don't pee on the parades of others who have contrary views of what is inside your head. Apologize to all, but it just hit me at the SPUR of the moment. Now let's carry on as good members of the Print Planet.

D Ink Man

Anyone else think that D Ink Man and Gordo are the same people? The only way I can explain this "Fight Club" back and forth they have for each other.

I'm wondering what 'spurious' means. Never heard it before so I'm going to look it up...

Anyone else think that D Ink Man and Gordo are the same people? The only way I can explain this "Fight Club" back and forth they have for each other.

Definitely not.

What I wrote ("Personally I think the question "Who was the Greatest Person in History of Printing?" is spurious if not down right silly.") was about the posting - not about D Ink Man. I would have written the same thing no matter who wrote the original posting. I only responded to the thread because CaseyVee mentioned my name, otherwise I would not have responded to the thread at all.

Without a doubt; Johannes Gensfleisch zur Laden zum Gutenberg

1) He had the first Kwik-print shop with a slogan of: "In by Noon - Out by June"
2) He had the first spell-check technology......a mirror
3) No extra charge for ALL CAPS....and most importantly.....
4) He didn't have to deal with designers

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back