Why?(2)

Wikipidia=The premise behind the proper use of a disposal is to effectively regard food scraps as liquid (averaging 70% water, like human waste), and use existing infrastructure (underground sewers and wastewater treatment plants) for its management.

Agreed, but, a couple of years ago, while on KP duty (wife=commanding officer), I peeled potatoes and put the skins down the garbage disposal during a family event (think, house full of relatives, friends, etc.) which clogged the disposal unit. Plumber called - emergency call - unclogged unit and promptly told me, please, do not put garbage down the garbage disposal, to which I replied "Then, WHY is is called a garbage disposal if you are not supposed to put garbage down it?"

Yes, my fellow forum contributors, these are the questions of the universe. If we can just figure these out, we may find the meaning of life:

When performing a DIY project around the house, WHY is the replacement part you bought that is labeled "Universal Replacement Part - Fits All Models" fit all models except yours?

Last edited:
WHY oh WHY is the parking lot of the convenience store you stopped at full, but, when you finally get parked and go inside, the store is empty?

Why is it that parked cars are car magnets? If I park my car way out in mall parking lot where all the spots are empty, sure enough when I return to my car there's a car parked on either side of me...and the other spots are still empty.

Girdo

Gordo,
A friend of mine parked his new car far away from the other cars in the lot of a large strip-mall. When he returned from shopping, there was another car parked right on top of his car and a ding in his new car's door. The new car owner was so angered that he took a ball-peen hammer and pounded the hood of the offending vehicle, definitely leaving an impression on the offending owner!
PW

Why is it that parked cars are car magnets? If I park my car way out in mall parking lot where all the spots are empty, sure enough when I return to my car there's a car parked on either side of me...and the other spots are still empty.

Girdo

Gordo, I may have the answer to this one, which means we may be well underway of uncovering the meaning of life. I think human nature, being what it is, may be the solution here. I think we humans have a tendancy to feel that there is "safety-in-numbers". "If someone else parked their car way out there, it must be a good, safe place to park. Therefore, I shall park my car there, also......"

WHY, when driving on a busy interstate, does traffic get backed up, bumper-to-bumper and even sometimes, at a complete stand-still, then, a mile or so up the road, traffic is light and everyone's going full speed? No accident, no mishap, and no road hazard. It just all of a sudden goes back to normal speed.

Inquiring minds want to know.

I've always loved this story.

Two bue collar guys, sitting at the jobsite eating lunch. One is holding up and squinting intently at his Thermos. "How do it know?", he mumbles.
"Huh?", his partner asks.
"Thermos keeps hot things hot, an' cold things cold, right?"
"Right."
"Well then. How do it know? How do it know how to keep the hot things hot and the cold things cold? How's come it never gets things mixed up?"
: o

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back