Why is Acrobat prompting to save changes when none were made?

Hopkins Printing

This is unusual. I have a machine with a fresh install of Snow Leopard and Acrobat 9 Pro. Everytime I open a PDF in Acrobat, Acrobat asks me if I want to save changes to the PDF when closing it even if I didn't make any.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
hp

Does this happen on all files?

Acrobat will automatically attempt to repair bad files when opening. Sometime the warning on screen is so quick you don't see it. When you go to close/save the file, it will prompt you to save changes.

If it happens on all files... this is something different. I don't have that issue on my machine with a somewhat default installation.

Greg

I found the culprit. It was a 3rd party plugin that was causing the issue. It's strange that it didn't seem to cause the issue in Leopard but does in Snow Leopard.

Weird,
hp

Thank you. But what, if anything have you been able to make of this? It may be that up to this system change, the plug in was unable to make some change to the pdf, but now it can, thus the request to save.

I just trying to explore possibilities here.

Al

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back