Why my clipping tool creating problem with image selection?

phototrims

I used photoshop cs 5 and it worked fantastic but last day suddenly it can't work properly , when I select pen tool for any image selection the pen can't select fully the image,now I'm confused what is the problem is here and what is the solution? I specially professionally work for Clipping path service so this tool is playing very impotent role for me so it's urgent.

Not closing your path

Not closing your path

I used photoshop cs 5 and it worked fantastic but last day suddenly it can't work properly , when I select pen tool for any image selection the pen can't select fully the image,now I'm confused what is the problem is here and what is the solution? I specially professionally work for Clipping path service so this tool is playing very impotent role for me so it's urgent.

It sounds to me as if you are not closing the path, double check to be sure that you are closing your path. The path need to be one continuous looped path. If you don't close the path, it will result in a incomplete clip.

I don't know if this pertains to you, but sometimes if I accidentally click a point twice with the pen tool it automatically closes the path. It's annoying.

Maybe for some art, the magnetic lasso tool will work better?

Thanks all of you, I tried as you say but I was unsucceed maybe some other problem is here , So now I'm going to reinstall the software.

When an Adobe program is playing up, after you think that you have ruled out human error, including double checking the options bar if using Photoshop, then -

1) Reset the tool

If resetting the tool does not work, then -

2) Backup your Photoshop preferences file, just in case. Reset your preferences (Google the topic, it is VERY COMMON). If the preference file reset fixes your issue, then you will have to go back and change all of the preferences back to how you like them. If resetting the application preferences back to factory default does not help, you can replace the new version with your old backed up preference file, otherwise you will lose custom settings for no good reason.

Only reinstall as a last resort.

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back