Window cling for Canon iPF9100

SES

Anyone know where I can find some? I've been looking for well over a month now with no luck. Apparently, the aqueous based inks of the 9100 are not compatible with the majority of window cling out there and the one company I found that makes window cling that is compatible recently went out of business.

I've seen this website in the past but have never used it for media. The media in the link below is under the "aqueous" section of the website so theoretically it should work for your machine. We order most of the media for our IPF8000 from Parrot Digigraphics based out of Boston MA they have been extremely helpful in the past recommending different media for our machine.

Lo-tack/Static-Cling Vinyl - Digital Media Warehouse

I've seen this website in the past but have never used it for media. The media in the link below is under the "aqueous" section of the website so theoretically it should work for your machine. We order most of the media for our IPF8000 from Parrot Digigraphics based out of Boston MA they have been extremely helpful in the past recommending different media for our machine.

Lo-tack/Static-Cling Vinyl - Digital Media Warehouse

It says aqueous media, but I'm wondering if that means water-resistant or if it can be printed on by aqueous based inks. I'll email them and see what they say.

Thanks for the link :)

Dan from Alameda Company should be bringing by some samples today or tomorrow. Thanks Bob.

static cling for inkjet

static cling for inkjet

We have a similar product to Static Cling that works GREAT on all aqueous based ink jet printers - ALAGRIP. It comes in white only at this time but is readily available in rolls and sheets.
Send me an email if you want more info [email protected]
Bob O'Neill
925-209-9678

Canon IPF8000S

Canon IPF8000S

I have a Canon IPF8000S, although we've done lots of banners and posters on this printer with great success, we've just begun the process of printing window clings. Can anyone give me any advice on how to adjust the color management so that we can get a "white" behind the lettering so that the lettering is not transparent? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Jo

With the Canon 8000's you are not going to be able to print a white background. The only way to do this is going to be with a printer that uses a white ink. Epson is launching one as we speak and several other manufactures have recently brought this to market. In order to achieve what you are wanting to do you will want to use a rip software that allows for seperations. This will allow you to lay down a specific color and then layer on top of that.

I have a Canon IPF8000S, although we've done lots of banners and posters on this printer with great success, we've just begun the process of printing window clings. Can anyone give me any advice on how to adjust the color management so that we can get a "white" behind the lettering so that the lettering is not transparent? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Jo

Hi Jo. I've searched high and low to find a low tack/cling, transparent vinyl/polyester for doing window graphics on the Canon 8000. I'm eager to hear what product you found and where you found it for this application, as it sounds like you have one.

Thanks a ton for your help.

mark

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back