Workflow software for digital print and mail shop

raminmd

We are a digital print shop with mailing capabilities. I am trying to figure out what my options are for a workflow software for our business. Here is what we want the system to do -

1.) Create custom order forms with options specific to us. This would include digital print/mailing options. We don't need offset printing options.

2.) Follow the job around through the different departments - sales - data - design -print -mail. Each department should be able to set statuses etc about the jobs.

3.) Contact Management

4.) The system WILL NOT be our accounting/invoicing system. The reports we need are way too complicated for any out of the box system to do them. We currently use quickbooks and a plugin that lets me write my own queries through on quickbooks data. I like the system and will continue to use quickbooks.

5.) We have our own proofing system/internal file server that holds the files for all the jobs etc. So we do not need the workflow system to do any of that.

Basically, I need a system that I can use to track my jobs/customer info. I do not need the system to preflight/store files etc.

What are my options? Printmith/Job Works etc. seem to be way too complicated and have too many features that we don't really need. The costs are also exhorbitant. We cannot spend tens of thousands of dollars on stuff like that. Are there any cheaper alternatives out there or do we just have to develop our own system?

Thanks.

I know I posted this a long time ago but never got a reply. I am still looking for a solution. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I could do without the contact management if everything else is in there.

Job management

Job management

CSS Group has a very modular database that delivers things that you are looking for. We have a simple file submission tool that has a user definable upload ticket. Once uploaded, it can be converted into a production job that has all the details you are looking for. It can expand into many different areas, but you can customize it into the bundle that you want to impliment
Regards,

Steve MacKenzie
1-800-448-8432

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back