Xerox 1000i, Canon 10000, Ricoh 9100 & Konica 1100

SAP24

Looking to replace a Canon 7000 and Konica 6501 with 2 new machines. Does anyone have any experience with the Canon 10000 or Ricoh 9100. We do 600,000 clicks a month. Any thoughts on the the Xerox 1000i and Konica 1100 would also be appreciated.

You are currently doing 600,000 between a canon 7000 and konica 6501? That seems like a lot for those 2 machines. Any of the machines you are looking at are going to make what you have feel like toys. We looked pretty heavily at a 9100 and and 1000i to handle about half your volume. Both seemed very good. We ended up with 2 versant 2100's and are pretty happy. The 1000i had higher service costs than anything else we looked at.

Yes, they are over used and have service in 2-3 days a week. Volume has been steadily growing and appears to be continuing. New location came on board last week and will see a 15-20% increase in volume. We are an implant. Thanks for your thoughts

Service is going to be a Priority, any box can print, but keeping it running is going to be key at those volumes. Of the two existing vendors, who has made you feel the most comfortable with Service?

Ricoh is going to be an unknown as they were for us, but they have stepped up to the plate and keep us running, we have two 7110's and have close to a million clicks between the two of them, but you will be doing over that volume in 2 months. Having two of the exact machine has its advantages, parts being one of them, we are able to service our machines up to a certain point so a lot of the small/medium issues we can get ourselves back up and running.

Ricoh is hungry for the business right now, see what they are willing to give you to get your business and how many techs they have trained on that machine in the area and what kind of turnaround times they will promise.

I can comment on the 1000i. For us, it has been a workhorse. We put approx 240k clicks a month on our machine and that's only running hard for 2 weeks a month. In my opinion, It's capable of 4-500k clicks a month. We just went 2 months before a service visit. And service has been amazing. Last Thursday at around 3pm we had the K toner dispenser motor break. I called service, they put in an urgent status in our call, overnighted the parts and had it running at 10am Friday. It doesn't get much better than that.

I'd say the main disadvantage of this machine is its size. It takes up a lot of space and weighs a lot. Also, your floor cannot be more than .4 degrees off level for the length of the machine.

600,000 of what?

Letter size black and white on 70lb offset text?
13x19 2-sided 300gsm heavy coverage?

Is your work color sensitive?
Is duplexing important?

The imagepress 10000 is probably still too new for it to have any track record. That said, I've seen under the hood of one and it's fundamentally the same machine as the 7000, 7010 and 7011. If you're happy with the quality and durability of your 7000 (I know I am happy with mine!) then the 10000 is probably a step in the right direction for you.

I've never met a Ricoh or Konica machine that I could take seriously when comparing them to my Imagepress. My canon rep has nothing but good things to say about Xerox machines.

Do you like your 7000? We have a 6010 and I've never been impressed with it. The techs practically live here, and it absolutely sucks on uncoated stocks. I'm also pretty sick of replacing pressure rollers constantly.

I ask, because aside from being faster and using a new type of toner, nothing really seems to have changed. Our salesman brought in samples which looked better than the 6000, but still didn't particularly "wow" me.

Last edited:
The 7000 is ok, has a lot of clicks on it and we put more than it's monthly cycle every month. That being said it holds up pretty well, have service 1 or 2 days a week. Quality is ok, not great. One of the reasons we are looking to replace it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back