Xerox 242 No Power

Print101

We have a Doc 242 with the attached Fiery unit. The machine sounds like it comes on. The Fiery unit does come on and I am able to see it on our network. However, the screen is blank and the feeder tray light is not lit. If you touch a button on the screen, it blinks the interrupt , services, and machine status buttons. If you have the answer please post or reply. Thanks a Million

This might be a stupid question but did you check all the cables? Look for the obvious "it's not plugged in", the not so obvious "oh it's plugged in but not properly", the subtle "ahh there's a kink or bulge in the wire, that could be a break" and, of course, the classic "oh that pin on the connector is bent, that's why it isn't working".

You got the bustled Fiery or a standalone RIP workstation?

242 No Power

242 No Power

The bustled one attached to the lower back of the machine. It plugs into the copier on the lower right side.

I have checked all wires and did see a tight bend in one wire but straightened it out and there is still no power to the feeder or copier to make copies.

What options have you got on it? Is there a finisher or high-cap feeder? Also when did it stop working?

It stopped working 2 days ago. I tried to let it sit as if it was overheated because we had just printed 2 large jobs. We don't have the optional finishier. But there is a feeder on top. I think we have the 242 base model with the efi fiery attached. Does the Feeder on top and scanner get power from the cable running to the side or from an internal source?

Turn the machine off first.Make sure the cables are in the correct place. Two of the silver connectors in the rear left side are similar. You could also try unscrewing the yellow thumbscrews on the side that the ui monitor cable plugs onto then grabbing the handle and sliding out the unit a couple of inches then push it back in and put the thumbscrews back on and cables then power back on.

Xerox DocuColor 242 No Power Again

Xerox DocuColor 242 No Power Again

:confused: We have the same problem we had last month with the machine not powering up. The Technician came out but before he came the machine just came on. We left the power on overnight. When I arrived it had a fuser error on the screen. I set the NVM to 0 and began to print again. Now, here we are a month later and have the same problem. This time I left the power on for 1 day and off for another and nothing has happened. Xerox can't get out here till next week. Wow, I have 65 orders due today and tomorrow. Anyone can help?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back