Xerox 550: Error message Says to Replace Fuser

homeboy

I have a Xerox 550 with Fiery EX560. I have a message at the top of the Fiery screen saying to replace the fuser. The machine seems to work fine and has worked fine for months with this message. Today the machine jammed a lot at the fuser so I decided to replace it with a new spare I had on hand. The jamming continued. Might be the humidity -- who knows? But when I replaced the fuser, the message on the Fiery didn't go away, which leads to my questions:

1. How do I know when the fuser really needs to be replaced? What does a machine that needs a new fuser do (or not do)?

2. If I do decide that the fuser needs to be replaced, am I supposed to tell the machine that I did it so that the error message can go away? If so, how do I do that?

The machine is who you should listen to on this not the Fiery.

Your fuser should be fine until you get image quality issues. A deletion or addition of a color line wouldn't trace back to the fuser but a funky pattern in the print or a wear mark on the outer edge of the sheet is a usual indication of needing a new fuser. They are free and so if they are not under allocation due to short supply I replace them when the machine asks just to be proactive.

Although I don't see the indications you outline, if I choose to leave the new fuser in the machine following your dictum "I replace them when the machine asks just to be proactive" how do I get ride of the error message?

There must be some sort of sensor in the machine that isn't registering the fuser change. Try taking it out and putting it back in. If that doesn't help, you may have to live with it until you need a service call for something else and they can take care of that glitch also.

Although I don't see the indications you outline, if I choose to leave the new fuser in the machine following your dictum "I replace them when the machine asks just to be proactive" how do I get ride of the error message?

If the message is just on the Fiery then it sounds like a communication/software issue between the DFE & IOT. I wouldn't worry about it if the printer (IOT) recognizes the new fuser.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back