Xerox 700 down again, since last week, no repsonse from Xerox

Stew

Drastic color variation from sheet to sheet, Xerox tech support getting worse, slower response, takes many calls to get a tech then many more calls to get it fixed.

Anyone had this kind of color problem? Any suggestions?

We have a service agreement with Xerox to make repairs. Is there something going on at Xerox that we should know about?

We have other NON Xerox digital printers and they provide excellent service.

Anyone have color variation and what was the solution?

We have a service agreement with Xerox to make repairs. Is there something going on at Xerox that we should know about?

We have other NON Xerox digital printers and they provide excellent service.

Anyone have color variation and what was the solution?

Is the Xerox service support is slower you can make service with the guy who provide service support at the others printers. I think he need only service manual to know what to do on X700 as long as the diagnostics software are builtin X700.
In some regions xerox have excellent service support in other regions it is worse.
Where are you from ?

Look at your service contract. Do they have anything in there that can help you, service response time, etc. You might call the salesman who got you the unit and squawk, they sure don't like the thought of a non-renewal at the end of the current contract.

Stew, We are currently looking at purchasing a 700. Could you pm me and let me know about the machine and maybe how long you have had it and when the problems started. Were are you located? We would buy out of SLC, Utah.

I had a similar issue with color modeling on our 700.. some pages would look fine.. others would look terrible.

I was absolutely positive that it was an issue with the machine... but one of our xerox techs thought a software update on the actual printer would work. So, he did his update and the color modeling issues disappeared (I can say that immediately after the update, the colors were awful.. it wasn't until I updated the software on the RIP [to match the update on the 700] that everything worked correctly.)

Good luck convincing them of any color issues.. Sadly enough, their idea of "off colors" seems to be quite different from everyone else. :/

It seems like Xerox will feed their customers whatever load of crap necessary in order to sell these machines.

Stew,

1. location?
2. what exactly is "drastic" color variation? Do you have a way to measure it? The documentation will tell you the acceptable deltaE.

Dcp 700

Dcp 700

What firmware level is your 700? There have been firmware upgrades ever since the 700 came to the market. I would talk to the tech and find out if he has a firmware upgrade available.
The upgrades that have come out are relative to this issue.

Let me add theres color variation with artifacts. As usual a Xerox tech drops by as a courtesy call - providing a reason not to solve the problem, then leaves.

Interesting the same job runs fine on the NON Xerox printers. Sometimes all printers are running so we need ALL printers to be in good working order. We are in the midwest, support seems slow to respond with many more calls to get the Xerox repaired.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming!

Call the sales person or tech and tell them you want to start a TSG replacement, READ the CED and verify what it can and cant do, hold them to the standards that are in writing.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back