Xerox 700 quote

rago6

Our company is in the market for a digital press and recently got a quote from Fuji for a Xerox 700. We use Fuji for all our consumables for our offset presses and they are very competitive with their prices.

However, after reading through a couple posts on the 700 I feel they're trying to get one over on us. We were quoted for the Xerox DocuColor 700, Xerox CX print Server, 1 oversized high capacity feeder, light production c finisher, and Fuji support for a year. For a grand total of $72,000 and a click charge of .049 (11x17/12x18) for 60 months.

Just wounding if someone can give me some insight in to the pricing of these machines and if they are in the ball park with this quote.

For a grand total of $72,000 and a click charge of .049 (11x17/12x18) for 60 months.

I STRONGLY suggest you shop around. These numbers are WAY out of line with the marketplace. I've got a quote on my desk for a very similar unit for $46k, or $0 down $1,375/month for 36 months.

They should also be able to break the click charge out between B&W and color. B&W should be under .009 and color around .04 for all paper sizes (incl 11x17).

Don't let them take you to the cleaners.....

Mark H

The prices you mentioned are in the ball park for what we were quoted. We went with a lease option since it was a better deal for us and easier to trade in. We have a lower price for b/w clicks v. color clicks. We also got lower bids from other manufacturers but features and quality were the issue for us.

It really depends on what your needs are to determine the best value for you.

Compare apples to apples.

If you go with the Fiery graphic arts package with imposition then make sure you get good training as there are a lot of good features in the newest version.

RAGO6, your quote looks about right.

The quote from MARK H sounds weird. It's too low for a "similar" configuration.

RAGO6,

I agree with the above posts. $72,000 seems to be in the ballpark. There is room for a little negotiating but not much. They have quoted very fair.

I STRONGLY suggest you shop around. These numbers are WAY out of line with the marketplace. I've got a quote on my desk for a very similar unit for $46k, or $0 down $1,375/month for 36 months.

They should also be able to break the click charge out between B&W and color. B&W should be under .009 and color around .04 for all paper sizes (incl 11x17).

Don't let them take you to the cleaners.....

Mark H

Just to clarify, we went with the lease on the 700 because it was a better deal for us and little higher than the monthly rate quoted by Mark H for a similar unit. The b/w and color click charges were also slightly higher as well.

Good luck

.049 per click sounds way way cheaper than what we pay in Canada. Lowest i could find with no minimums right now is .060.

Xerox 700 pricing

Xerox 700 pricing

We recently got a quote of $69,000 for an X700 with dual high-capacity feed, Light Production C Finisher with booklet maker, EFI RIP with graphic arts package, Impose, Compose, and spectrophotometer. The click charge for color is $0.049 and B&W is $0.0075. We also got a similar price for a KM6501. Ultimately, we decided to go with a demo X700 for about $10,000 less than the original quote. Click charges are guaranteed for three years and include everything except paper. The demo unit also included 100,000 free color clicks.

The pricing came from a dealer that is a Xerox subsidiary. We decided to purchase rather than lease.

While the KM6501 was a close contender, I decided I liked the X700 prints just a bit better. Since we have a Docucolor 250 with EFI front end, the learning curve for the X700 will be easier. The X700 also has more user-changeable parts and more user-accessible paper handling features. Both machines use new toner technology that prints with less build-up on the sheet. Our local Xerox service has been excellent (northern California).

I also had some test files run on the new Canon C9075. The results were disappointing. They were so bad, I wondered why Canon thought they were useful and why the salesperson even showed them to me. Even the "good" prints were not as sharp as either the KM6501 or X700. The basic quote for this machine was $72,000 with a single high-capacity feed, booklet maker, and EFI graphic arts package. Not competitive.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back