xerox 700

azurevolution

I'm looking for a Xerox 700 6 year old, come with feeder, decurler and booklet maker. She's on services contract with xerox... the price is under 2k...

Good or not good? compare to rent a new presse??

thanks for advice

Ariel

What volume would you be doing? If your high volume then the high click charge on an older machine like that could be more per month than if you just leased a brand new machine with lower click charges.

plus, i spent more time fixing paper jams, print quality issues and fuser problems with the 700 than i actually printed. save yourself a headache and get a newer machine.

Find out from Xerox just what a service contract with Xerox will cost you. I still run a 700i, and IMHO the only trouble I have with it is caused by its being used in a lousy environment (hot, humid in summer, damp when raining, etc.). If it's been cared for properly it can still be a good machine. If you can, try it out with some 12 x 18 coated text, close to full coverage, and check for any streaks or uneven printing. That's the kind of job that's given us the most trouble.

I've never had that happen, but I've seen internet posts in which others have. It could be the Fiery software or the machine software itself. Maybe a refresh could clear up little glitches.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back