Xerox 700 verse Konica C5500

BigSi

Hi there, I'm looking at purchasing one of these machines. Click rate is almost the same, purchase price is almost the same. Assuming the quality of service is the same which should I buy? on a strict budget so can't consider a newer machine. Xerox 700i and Konica C6000 are out of the question. Need a matt toner machine so down to these two.

Which is best regarding-

Consistency of coverage and lack of colour variation during the run.
Good solids
Registration

I realise neither of these machines are fantastic, just a case of which is better.

Not doing big volumes so not two worried about speed.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

What sort of jobs do you plan on running? Alot of Business cards? Do you plan on sticking with 1 or two house stocks? single/double sided
Each of these machines has their quirks (Im more familiar with the Konicas) and I think your best choice will depend on what you are going to be doing with your machine.
Also find out from some other locals in your area, if you can and speak to them about the service techs on those machines. Machine might be better, but doesnt help you much if your techs lack the knowledge to keep your down time to a minimum

What sort of jobs do you plan on running? Alot of Business cards? Do you plan on sticking with 1 or two house stocks? single/double sided
Each of these machines has their quirks (Im more familiar with the Konicas) and I think your best choice will depend on what you are going to be doing with your machine.
Also find out from some other locals in your area, if you can and speak to them about the service techs on those machines. Machine might be better, but doesnt help you much if your techs lack the knowledge to keep your down time to a minimum

Thanks.
Mixture of jobs but mostley letterheads. That is why I must have a matt tonner machine. I realise I may need to get tech to ajust fusing temperture. I have had a lot of sucess doing letterheads on my old Konica 8031, but time to retire it. ( click charge is getting to high ).
I intend to run test samples on the best machine. I know Letterheads are always trickey when being printed on a laser printer after being printed digital but I'm encoraged to give it a go after my sucess with my 8031. I have not had one case of the image lifting. But these other issues are important to.Consistency of coverage and lack of colour variation during the run. Good solids and Registration.
thanks Simon

BigSi - Have fun running letterhead on any machine with LOW MELT TONER! You will be setting yourself up for failure.

I have a 700, and I wouldn't recommend using it to run letterhead. It uses low melt toner, and I would image that that's not going to work out well for whoever you're selling your prints to, unless they are using inkjet printers. I haven't tried to print letterhead on it, but we did try to print certificates for a customer. She tried using all of the printers in her office to print names onto the certificates, but all of the fusers of her office printers were hot enough to smudge the prints.

Thanks for the advice, May be it's just good luck that my old "Konica 8031" has been so good, Pain to run 200 letterheads Offset especially when you only have a two colour press.

Hi there, I'm looking at purchasing one of these machines. Click rate is almost the same, purchase price is almost the same. Assuming the quality of service is the same which should I buy? on a strict budget so can't consider a newer machine. Xerox 700i and Konica C6000 are out of the question. Need a matt toner machine so down to these two.

Which is best regarding-

Consistency of coverage and lack of colour variation during the run.
Good solids
Registration

I realise neither of these machines are fantastic, just a case of which is better.

Not doing big volumes so not two worried about speed.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Xerox has better support. ;)

I have a 700, and tryed the 6500 too.
I think the 700 have better registration and quality. But the 6500 i a much stronger machine.
If you dont run big volumes, you wont have a problem though.
I would go fot the 6500 due to reliability.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back