Xerox 7002 vs Konica c8000

Hello everyone,

we need to change our xerox 252 with a printer more efficient. Our choice is between the Xerox 7002 and the Konica Minolta c8000. What do you think are the good points of both, such as productivity per hour, color fidelity, technical assistance, hardware technology, duplex precision?

Thanks in advance for your help

Without having any experience with the C8000 I would give it a real good hard look over the 7002. I have heard a lot of issues with the 7002/8002.

I can say from experience that the 7002 is not that great of a machine. We purchased one in Dec. 2009 and had never ending problems with color consistency and black half tone quality issues. We ended up swapping the 7002 for the new Xerox 800 just last month. The 800 is amazing. I can honestly say that we are extremely happy with the 800. So if I were you I would check out the 800 over Konica.

My own doubt is due to the many problems that I heard about 7002. The Xerox 800 is a great machine, but its cost is much more than the c8000.

I understand the cost factor, but you do get what you pay for with these higher end color presses and I'm telling you it's worth it. Plus you can downsize the 800 by about 20-30k just by not adding the clear varnish unit. That's what we did and we can always add it later if we want. BTW, I don't mean to be pushing the 800 so much I just would definitely stay away from the 7002.

In the UK we're so far only being offered the Xerox1000... based on the prices I've seen if they launched the 800 here a 4colour version of this would be roughly the same price as a KM8000.

However...

If you look at all the specs/features of the machines the KM8000 comes out on top AND the click costs on the Xerox 800/1000 seem to be far higher than other Xerox kit.

After a demo done on a machine already installed, we have definitely ruled out the 7002. We dont liked the decurler, banding some oil on pages with a black background. The machine that we watched after a few thousand copies had been changed the developer. In early January we will do tests on the c8000.

I wouldn't look at the Xerox 800/1000

I wouldn't look at the Xerox 800/1000

Just my opinion, but I would steer clear of the 800/1000 for at least a year. Ours is broken into pieces waiting on the truck to come pick it up. After 45 days of install, we finally cut the cord and told them to pick it up. (They wanted till February to *try* some prototype parts that may/may not fix the banding issue.) I can't speak for the Fiery, but the FreeFlow Rip is very buggy and does not always work stably. I printed 65 sheets of 50% half tones and due to the issues we've had, it took over two hours of reboots and waiting to get them out. That was on the beloved Xerox 24# Digital paper (LTR Size) named in the CED and it still had bands in the print. (The bands are SUBSTANTIALLY worse in Gloss Coated sheets.)

I have 2 DC5000s and get about a half million 12x18 clicks out a month. We will either add a third one of those or a Ricoh C901 (the Demo machine is being delivered on Tuesday for the 901 -- fingers crossed)...

Agreed on the 700x/800x series machines, I have seen their output and think it is worse then a DC5000.

8bit imaging
built in densitometer/calibration
ability to run higher stock weights
ability to run offset stocks

1. I think by now, the 600x600x8 vs 2400x2400x1 discussion is a tie. Image Quality is subjective and some people will choose one vs the other even though mathematically there's one that is probably better.

2. yea, I don't know why it was not included in the Xerox 800/1000, but guess where KM got that idea from after someone else did it 5+ years ago.

3. I thought both the KM C8000 and Xerox 800/1000 are rated to run up to 350gsm.

4. Hats off to KM for this one in taking the risk of supporting offset stocks in digital machines. I hope it's official in some document.

In the UK we're so far only being offered the Xerox1000... based on the prices I've seen if they launched the 800 here a 4colour version of this would be roughly the same price as a KM8000.

However...

If you look at all the specs/features of the machines the KM8000 comes out on top AND the click costs on the Xerox 800/1000 seem to be far higher than other Xerox kit.

Happy New Year in advance.What is the price of the machine & click costs you have offered on Xerox 1000 & KM8000.

My own doubt is due to the many problems that I heard about 7002. The Xerox 800 is a great machine, but its cost is much more than the c8000.

Happy New Year in advance. What is your likely monthly volume. What is the price of the machine & click charges you have been offered on KM8000.:)

1. I think by now, the 600x600x8 vs 2400x2400x1 discussion is a tie. Image Quality is subjective and some people will choose one vs the other even though mathematically there's one that is probably better.

2. yea, I don't know why it was not included in the Xerox 800/1000, but guess where KM got that idea from after someone else did it 5+ years ago.

3. I thought both the KM C8000 and Xerox 800/1000 are rated to run up to 350gsm.

4. Hats off to KM for this one in taking the risk of supporting offset stocks in digital machines. I hope it's official in some document.

1. it's 1200x1200x8 so I guess we have the edge then.

2. This more a for gone conclusion than a copy, unlike the 1000 fuser.

3. yep.

4. The 6500 prints fantastic on offset stocks and has done since it's release.

After many tests on c7000/c8000, X7002, we decided to confirm the purchase of c7000. The reasons for our selection are:

1) best print quality
2) best price
3) larger paper sizes format (more comfortable in laminating)
4) no problem in lamination
5) most recent project
6) assistance on the our actual Xerox, disastrous

After many tests on c7000/c8000, X7002, we decided to confirm the purchase of c7000. The reasons for our selection are:

1) best print quality
2) best price
5) most recent project

Greetings Blacktoner.You having already decided KM7000, please let me know equipment price & click charges you were offered on KM8000 & Xerox800 & Xerox1000. If you donot want to share this information publicly, I request you to email me at : [email protected].
Thanks.

Greetings Blacktoner.You having already decided KM7000, please let me know equipment price & click charges you were offered on KM8000 & Xerox800 & Xerox1000. If you donot want to share this information publicly, I request you to email me at : [email protected].
Thanks.

Does this guy have one post where he isn't asking what something costs?

Greetings.
Did you buy Ricoh c901. Would you please share your opinion about c901.
Thanks.
Salecha

Just my opinion, but I would steer clear of the 800/1000 for at least a year. Ours is broken into pieces waiting on the truck to come pick it up. After 45 days of install, we finally cut the cord and told them to pick it up. (They wanted till February to *try* some prototype parts that may/may not fix the banding issue.) I can't speak for the Fiery, but the FreeFlow Rip is very buggy and does not always work stably. I printed 65 sheets of 50% half tones and due to the issues we've had, it took over two hours of reboots and waiting to get them out. That was on the beloved Xerox 24# Digital paper (LTR Size) named in the CED and it still had bands in the print. (The bands are SUBSTANTIALLY worse in Gloss Coated sheets.)

I have 2 DC5000s and get about a half million 12x18 clicks out a month. We will either add a third one of those or a Ricoh C901 (the Demo machine is being delivered on Tuesday for the 901 -- fingers crossed)...

Agreed on the 700x/800x series machines, I have seen their output and think it is worse then a DC5000.

Last edited:
Greetings.
Are they offering Xerox 800 now.
Thanks.
Salecha

However...

Greetings. You have done tests on c7000 & c8000. Was there any differance in quality between two. Was there any difference in click charges between two. What is the monthly volume you are able to do on c7000.
Thanks.
Salecha

1) best print quality
2) best price
5) most recent project

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back