Xerox 700i alternatives

smo

We are interested in getting a Xerox 700i with its 300gsm auto-duplex capability. Are there any alternative digital presses which offer as good or better quality on at least 300gsm automatic duplex.

Volumes are going to be low but quality MUST be high and a minimum of 300gsm is a must too.

Any suggestions?

We are interested in getting a Xerox 700i with its 300gsm auto-duplex capability. Are there any alternative digital presses which offer as good or better quality on at least 300gsm automatic duplex.

Volumes are going to be low but quality MUST be high and a minimum of 300gsm is a must too.

Any suggestions?

An interesting point is although the 700i is capable of 300 gsm if one has attached folder bookletmaker it is not capable of folding it as I think its only rated around 240 or 250 gsm.

This leads to the question are there bookletmakers attached to copiers that can also make a booklet with a 300gsm cover.

Ken

Besides the spectrophotometer I thought the 770 also runs at rated speed for all weights. Is that not true?

We had an 8000ap and now a 800 and 700. I could run anything the 8000 did on my 700 now. We have to keep a closer eye on quality because of the developer housing issues and the shorter consumable life however. Having the 770 might be worth it to have the peace of mind of the spectrophotometer.

The Light Production Finisher does support booklets up to 300 gsm

That's strange we running a SRA3 300gsm cover printed both sides (1 side at a time previously because we are still only 700 not up to 700i yet) and then feeding through bypass tray along with 6 x 130gsm SRA3 sheets in colour both sides from tray 6, saddle stapled and trimmed no probs.

We run 300 g paper with very high bulk auto duplex on your 700, the technician made it run slower, so we can load is at 220g.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back