Xerox 770 Experiences

flamRon

Anyone using a 770 yet?

We are in the process of evaluating one and was curious if anyone had gotten an install completed.

We currently run an Indigo 3050, and are mostly looking to update to JDF and lower our click cost/operating costs.

If anyone has one currently, I'd love to chat with you about a couple things if you don't mind. Just shoot me a message.

Thanks,
Ronnie

I don't think they have started shipping yet. My Xerox rep only received pricing last week.
Have not seen one yet but based on what I have read it appears to have a very low duty cycle?

The xerox websites show a targeted monthly volume of 20-75k for the 770. That would likely be based on 8.5x11 20lb bond.

That said, I know of people that have pounded volume off of the 700's with minimal issue ... They've just needed to upgrade prematurely.

We were told the 700 has a "sweet spot" cycle at 50-150k, and a max duty of 450k.

Right now we would have a volume of around 75-100k, so we'd have a little head room for growth.

kdonegan - how did your pricing look? PM me if you don't mind.

We have not used a 770 but we have a 700 and have little to no problems the machine. Just make sure your tech always has developer and housings in the area - they don't fail early but that's the only CSE part that will put our machine down for a few hours.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back