Xerox 800 vs KM C8000 vs Canon C7010VP

Hopefully we have a end to our story. Oce has agreed to replace our Canon C7010VP. We a happy with the solution but to think it's been since the end of June to reach this point doesn't say much for the companies involved.

I will say that when the Canon is running it has been a pretty good printer. The quality is much better than what we had with the Xerox 7000. The flexibility offered with the Creo front end is also much better. I am more than pleased with the APPE(Adobe PDF Print Engine) that is part of the Creo. It has helped us with some problem files. Overall this is a pretty good medium-high production printer.

just a follow up to our Canon 6010 that was installed in Aug.

So far so good..we have had one service call in that entire time...was in the first week after install and was a loose screw issue.

We are very happy with this machine..so much better than the Oce 6500 we had.

Color is very good...feed system is very very good...no complaints yet.

Reviews for Xerox 1000, 800, 8080, Canon C7010 & Konica C8000

Reviews for Xerox 1000, 800, 8080, Canon C7010 & Konica C8000

Hi,

I am looking for some feedback as we are about to to replace or add to our current 2 x Xerox 7000 machines which are maintained by Xerox.

At the moment we have reviewed the Xerox 1000, 800 and 8080 and the Canon X7010 and Konica Minolta C8000.

After reviewing the quality of the prints they are pretty similar with the Xerox 1000/800 having an edge on the others, however, the price tag reflects this.

For all those who have recently purchased any of these machines, are there any you who would or would not recommend them? This would be really helpful for when we submit our recommended machine to the business.

Thanks

Tina:)

Hi,

I am looking for some feedback as we are about to to replace or add to our current 2 x Xerox 7000 machines which are maintained by Xerox.

At the moment we have reviewed the Xerox 1000, 800 and 8080 and the Canon X7010 and Konica Minolta C8000.

After reviewing the quality of the prints they are pretty similar with the Xerox 1000/800 having an edge on the others, however, the price tag reflects this.

For all those who have recently purchased any of these machines, are there any you who would or would not recommend them? This would be really helpful for when we submit our recommended machine to the business.

Thanks

Tina:)

Well if you've read this thread you know my opinion. We leased the Canon because the cost was much less. It doesn't matter if it won't run consistently. We also came from the X7000 and the quality of the Canon, KM and Xerox 800/1000 is much better.
I still would not recommend the Canon though. This will probably be our last venture with them.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back