Xerox 8002 vs Ricoh C900s

CMLightbulb

We are looking at replacing our current machine and have narrowed it dow to either the Xerox 8002 or the Ricoh c900s. Both seem to be very capable machines & I am looking to hear from people who are currently using either & what their experience has been. We are a design shop, so color is critical. It will be used both internally for one off presentations, etc... as well as larger runs (500+ sheets) for our clients. We tend to use a good bit of 12x18, 100lb cover. Thanks for any input good & bad.

If the Ricoh has the upgraded Fiery with the Graphic Arts package, a tremendous amount of color control is available. I will say this about the C900, if one is competent at operating and understanding the set up provisions, it will make you money.

We looked at the Ricoh c900. Whatever you do, make sure your bindery equipment can feed the paper as it comes out of the machine with an odd, almost sand-papery, finish.

Unless you're doing a ton of volume, I'd look at the DC5000AP as they offer good color, reliability and are comparatively cheap. (I have two, just ordered number three and may get a fourth by the end of the year.)

That will be $0.02 please...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back