XEROX CP1000 Server Exiting crashing

Duncan Hyde

Hi Forum,

Anyone experiencing this issue with the Xerox 1000 press Fiery server?

The Xerox technician would have to do a re-install of the server to get back up a running but it is happening now regularly and it takes so long even with a clone disc.

Regards

Duncan

Only things I could think of would be somethings the tech should think of also - such as conflict with recent update with either the printer software or Windows, power fluctuations, etc. With all the error codes the techs can get access to, you'd think they'd come up with something.

Does the Fiery have updates installed? Are they current? Whens the last time you did an annual cleaning of the inside of the Fiery? I know they can build up a lot of dust inside.

It's not a particular job is it? We usually drop our PDF's onto Command Workstation and for the most part that works fine. But I have one repeat business card job we do that crashes the RIP every time we print it if we drop the PDF on CW. We actually have to open the PDF and print it to the RIP and then it prints fine.

Only things I could think of would be somethings the tech should think of also - such as conflict with recent update with either the printer software or Windows, power fluctuations, etc. With all the error codes the techs can get access to, you'd think they'd come up with something.

Hi Possumgal actually the first time it happened about a year ago the Tech said it was power issues so we put the server on a better UPS and after a full cleaning of the server box and a fresh Fiery install and updates it functioned fine for months. Now its just happening even with files we have printed before. BTW we drop all our files as X1A PDFs in the queue then print from the server not directly from our workstations with command workstation. So i'm thinking it might be an issue with the print controller CPU on the 1000 itself causing a fatal error??

The mystery continues...

If you are running Color Profile Suite that came with the 1000 when you got it, it does not play nice with Command Workstation above 6.2 Check your version of CWS, If you have CPS 5.1 you may have to downgrade your CWS or upgrade CPS.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back