Xerox DC260 print resolution

smiller

I see the specified print resolution of the Xerox DC262 is 2400x2400 DPI. Does it really rasterize pages (fonts and graphics) and print them at full 2400x2400 DPI?

If not, what does the 2400x2400 spec mean?

Thanks

2400dpi on Xerox 260

2400dpi on Xerox 260

Yes, it is true 2400 dpi x 2400 dpi. We have it about a year and love it. The print quality is best in it's class. Comparable to the Press. We ran 200 lpi on it.

2400 dpi

2400 dpi

So you can select 600x600, 1200x1200, and 2400x2400 and see the differences?

What RIP do you have and is 2400x2400 appreciably slower?

Thanks

The 24000X2400dpi will not slow the machine down at all. It actaully copies and prints at 2400X2400.

we found the best print results with dc250 were with 600 cluster dot, on x700 however the nicest print come out with 200 cluster dot. the 2400 dpi as core is good for photos, but graphics sometimes lack "depth"

K-M has an interesting White paper they wrote on resolution and bit depth that of course makes a case for the way they handle an image versus Xerox and Canon.

I couldn't find this white paper. Do you have a link to it?

Thanks.

No I do not have a link for you at this time. I only ever saw if briefly in hard copy format. It essentially deals with how the Xerox, Canon and K-M build the page.

Xerox uses a very high res one bit deep, K-M uses the more traditional 8 bit color with LIMOS and Canon claims to use "Multi-Bit" resolution which appears to me to mean that different types of of files in the page layout software get different resolutions and bit depth. Much like the older Scitex system that uses a CT/LW file contruction within their proprietary RIP Once Output Many workflow.

Personally getting into the DPI/LPI, dot shape, AM/FM screening debate on a digital device is not very helpful as the bottom line regardless of all the technological mumbo-jumbo is can you sell the output to your customers? On the top of the line Canon, Xerox and K-M products the answer is YES.

All of that said I will look around for that white paper. For all I know it could have been an internal K-M document. All kinds of stuff passes through my fingers, so let me look around.

Personally getting into the DPI/LPI, dot shape, AM/FM screening debate on a digital device is not very helpful as the bottom line regardless of all the technological mumbo-jumbo is can you sell the output to your customers? On the top of the line Canon, Xerox and K-M products the answer is YES.

Excellent Comment!!!!! :)

This is probably one of the best comments I have seen on this site. Every company has its own story about DPI/Quality etc etc, but the real test is using a customers file, on customers media, and the customer being happy that the result they get is salable. ;)

I did samples for every 250 I sold (8)! Still to this day, NO CUSTOMER HAS EVERY COMPLAINED ABOUT THE COLORS, QUALITY, OR RESOLUTION!

it is a nice machine but blurs fine line text even with enhancements and using the 200 dot and cluster line options. can anything be done to help this look more litho type as in dot text lines? smaller dots i think

it is a nice machine but blurs fine line text even with enhancements and using the 200 dot and cluster line options. can anything be done to help this look more litho type as in dot text lines? smaller dots i think

have you tried a CREO DFE? it will make a difference.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back