xerox docucolor 242 duplexing from mac, driver problem?

Jem123

We have just got a new Xerox, not the copier type but it’s a real digital printer. It is a Xerox 242, it is superb for colour none to bad on paper weights and sizes too. The only problem we are experiencing is duplexing from Mac, (backing up of pages with two sides) could this be a driver problem? We have no problem printing single sided, so we know that there is not a network problem in the printer not seeing the Mac's. We can duplex fine from a PC, just not the Macs. Has anybody else experienced this problem, and does anybody have any suggestions what it could be and what can be done to cure the issue?

Thanks

Jem :)

Hi Jem123
We've just recently purchased a DC242 and had the same problem for weeks thinking it was the Mac driver. The PC duplexing worked okay. Our old DC1632 duplexed via the layout ''2 sided option'' so we thought the 242 would be the same but it was always grayed out. I found the solution to this on the Xerox website: After you have selected the 242 go to print (in any application) click on ''copies & pages'' to get your drop down menu and select ''printer features''. You then need to select ''Layout 1'' in the ''feature sets'' menu then click on ''duplex'' ''top to top'' or ''top to bottom'' depending on your document orientation, then hit ''print''. Hopefully this should do the trick!

Command Workstation

Command Workstation

We have the DocuColor 260 installed for an year and we always use the Command Workstation to drop the PDF file. Since the Mac driver from Xerox is so bulky and confusion, we rather use Command Workstation to set the duplexing, apply tray alignment...

If you also use Fiery RIP in front of your 242, you should skip the Mac driver and use the Command Workstation instead.

Does Not Work

Does Not Work

Hi Jem123
We've just recently purchased a DC242 and had the same problem for weeks thinking it was the Mac driver. The PC duplexing worked okay. Our old DC1632 duplexed via the layout ''2 sided option'' so we thought the 242 would be the same but it was always grayed out. I found the solution to this on the Xerox website: After you have selected the 242 go to print (in any application) click on ''copies & pages'' to get your drop down menu and select ''printer features''. You then need to select ''Layout 1'' in the ''feature sets'' menu then click on ''duplex'' ''top to top'' or ''top to bottom'' depending on your document orientation, then hit ''print''. Hopefully this should do the trick!

I am aware of the Layout 1 Feature - Top to Top however this function still does not work on none of our macs. We are running on Snow Leopard. What can it be?

I really wouldn't bother with printing directly - CWS is a much better way to set yer jobs up.

Snow Leopard seems to be a nightmare trying to get it to work with anything, I didn't bother upgrading the production computers to it because it sounds so flaky. Hell, I didn't even bother upgrading my own computer to it either.

It's possible that you're doing everything right - and buggy, flaky software is letting you down.

Use CWS. Print to the hold queue or drop PDFs (I use both, depends on the job).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back