xerox model help

mojoprime

ok, guys, i need some help here. we're in the market for a new xerox printer to replace the 700 we've had. i've been trying to steer them toward a J75 but today my IT guy came back with a quote for a 570, because based on output that's what the salesman showed hi.

now granted, i'm not putting out nearly as much right now (not really enough to justify the J75) as i did before but that could change at any time. i'd obviously rather go with the J75 for the media handling at rated speeds, inline color calibration and all the other nifty little things that separate it from what i understand to be part of xerox's copier line. it gives room to grow and add capacity.

i'm just curious if anybody's got actual experience with both of these machines (or with the 570) and can offer some insight. i don't know a whole lot about it so i'm hoping for some sage advice.

much obliged, and many thanks.

We had a new J75 installed last month to replace our aging 260. What a HUGE step up. The SIQA tools are amazing and make calibrating stock for back to front accuracy really really easy. Colour is great and with the image enhancement tools very easy to make adjustments to a file. We did not demo the 570, it did not seem like a big step up from the 260 in terms of registration.

The inline colour calibration does exactly what it says but you are not limited to calibrate just that way, ours came with a spectro as well so I can use it for colour matching or if I wanted for some reason to calibrate that way, I could.

You may want to look at the C75. It saves you some money, but gives you the same paper handling capabilities as the J75. It's just missing the inline spectro, and the all papers at rated speed, capabilities.

We have had a 560 and a C75. I would definitely recommend going with the C75/J75.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back