Xerox Squarefold Pricing...

kdw75

I was interested in adding the Square fold trimmer to our lease. The list price is 15k so I figured that, like everything Xerox sells, they would knock a big chunk of that off. My salesman is telling me that the price to add it to our lease would be around $20k!!! That does include maintenance.

Anyone else have experience with Xerox on one of these? We are a few months into a 60 month lease with service agreement on the machine.

At some point you need to ask yourself is it better to pay for inline solutions or near-line solutions. For example, you spend $20,000 for that finisher and your lease will be up in x years. That finisher, more than likely WILL NOT fit on a new box. So your $20,000 goes with it. You spend $20,000 on a near-line solution that will handle your finishing REGARDLESS of the output device. So, you will find you get more bang for the buck near-line.

At some point you need to ask yourself is it better to pay for inline solutions or near-line solutions. For example, you spend $20,000 for that finisher and your lease will be up in x years. That finisher, more than likely WILL NOT fit on a new box. So your $20,000 goes with it. You spend $20,000 on a near-line solution that will handle your finishing REGARDLESS of the output device. So, you will find you get more bang for the buck near-line.

Can you suggest some near line square fold machines?

Our Xerox salesman said that he would try and get us a lower price, but since Xerox doesn't make the machine, they don't discount it like they do their own products.

Discount it... that's laughable! Xerox and Discount used in the same sentence, you have a lot to learn grasshopper!

All the above mention solution are good. Please learn on thing from those of use who have been around the block. NEVER drink the manufactures Kool-Aid. In the end all they care about is the sale, your just another number.

Look at used equipment, you can find some nice stuff for pennies on the dollar. You would not believe how many shops are closing their doors and liquidating. And DON'T buy it through XEROX!!!! Find a reputable equipment dealer near you. BTW did Xerox share the actual cost of their finisher? I bet not, tell them you want to pay cash for it and see what the actual price is. I think you will be shocked!!

Discount it... that's laughable! Xerox and Discount used in the same sentence, you have a lot to learn grasshopper!

All the above mention solution are good. Please learn on thing from those of use who have been around the block. NEVER drink the manufactures Kool-Aid. In the end all they care about is the sale, your just another number.

Look at used equipment, you can find some nice stuff for pennies on the dollar. You would not believe how many shops are closing their doors and liquidating. And DON'T buy it through XEROX!!!! Find a reputable equipment dealer near you. BTW did Xerox share the actual cost of their finisher? I bet not, tell them you want to pay cash for it and see what the actual price is. I think you will be shocked!!

I had been using this as a guide for their advertised pricing.

http://www.peppm.org/Products/xerox/price.pdf

Our salesman is also telling us that he can get the C75 Sequence software on our 560. That is the software that lets the machine scan your output and adjust the size, skew, straightness, and color balance across the sheet. I was under the impression that it was a C75/J75 only feature, but he swears it can be added to ours and is getting us the pricing for that along with pricing for upgrading to the C75.

Being that I am not familiar with Plockmatic machines, could someone tell me if this model trims all three sides? And does it do the square fold? I can't seem to find this model on their website.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130887073416?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Last edited:
We added a square fold to our 550 a few months back for less than half the money you are talking. I love it so far.

We added a square fold to our 550 a few months back for less than half the money you are talking. I love it so far.

Our salesman said that $250/mo plus $50/mo was the lowest he could go. I told him that for that price we would just stick to doing things conventionally. Then a couple days later he emails me saying that he has found an unbelievable deal after some more negotiations with Xerox and he would be putting together some better pricing on Monday. Said he is just amazing at what he was able to do on the pricing. He is so excited.

Keith

"Our salesman is also telling us that he can get the C75 Sequence software on our 560. That is the software that lets the machine scan your output and adjust the size, skew, straightness, and color balance across the sheet. I was under the impression that it was a C75/J75 only feature, but he swears it can be added to ours and is getting us the pricing for that along with pricing for upgrading to the C75."

Sequence is a function of the Fiery and is packaged in different configurations for the 560 and C75. Depending on what package you get, it will enable imposition and composition of documents in Command Workstation. SIQA is the C/J75 software tool that adjusts for skew, SMILE correction etc... and it is not available on the 560.

"Our salesman is also telling us that he can get the C75 Sequence software on our 560. That is the software that lets the machine scan your output and adjust the size, skew, straightness, and color balance across the sheet. I was under the impression that it was a C75/J75 only feature, but he swears it can be added to ours and is getting us the pricing for that along with pricing for upgrading to the C75."

Sequence is a function of the Fiery and is packaged in different configurations for the 560 and C75. Depending on what package you get, it will enable imposition and composition of documents in Command Workstation. SIQA is the C/J75 software tool that adjusts for skew, SMILE correction etc... and it is not available on the 560.

Seequence (Impose/compose) on a C75 is basically a "Adobe Acrobat/Pitstop" and a software license which need to be activated on the computer which has Command Workstation enabled. On older devices Impose/Compose license was controlled by a USB-dongle.

and DONT throw the license or software installer away as this is quite costly to reaquire...

I was asking for SIQA and he acted like he hadn't heard of it. He is probably confusing the two and we will end up with the wrong one. lol

SIQA comes with the C75/J75 automatically, so if you get the machine you will have it. Make sure the Analyst gets it up and running.

i would go for near line/off line entirely.
the booklet maker can't keep up with the machines speed.

its better of having an external booklet maker and square fold then inline slow one.

Our salesman came back with a better offer and we bit. Instead of the $300/mo for just the square fold trimmer, he got us a C75 with the C75 trimmer and imposition software on the Fiery.

The price for the new machine, trimmer and Fiery software add on is an extra $200/mo. But the best part was that they dropped the click charge from our current 4.9 down to 3.8 cents. We have put 250K clicks on our 560 in the first 3 months, so this will make up for the higher monthly payment.

I had been using this as a guide for their advertised pricing.

http://www.peppm.org/Products/xerox/price.pdf

Our salesman is also telling us that he can get the C75 Sequence software on our 560. That is the software that lets the machine scan your output and adjust the size, skew, straightness, and color balance across the sheet. I was under the impression that it was a C75/J75 only feature, but he swears it can be added to ours and is getting us the pricing for that along with pricing for upgrading to the C75.

Being that I am not familiar with Plockmatic machines, could someone tell me if this model trims all three sides? And does it do the square fold? I can't seem to find this model on their website.

Bookletmaker Plockmatic 310 Collator w Folder Stapler Trimmer ST0919 12 | eBay

The model in your link does not come with a three sided trimmer. You would need what is called the CST (creaser, side trimmer). Plockmatic product is distributed as near-line or off-line solutions by Morgana Systems. See here the System 2000S you can add this CST to the System 2000S should you need a full bleed book. The Square fold is offered as optional solution.

Morgana System 2000S Booklet Maker

You can see this system here on our website which has pricing (we only sell within Canada) - Morgana System 2000S Booklet Making System

The biggest difference from your copier dealer and this is that you need to purchase a feeder for this system where the copier would not need that as the sheets would arrive as they are printed in sequence. Thus a slight price bump over what you see in-line. You can purchase these systems as hand feed in various incarnations which might be suitable depending on the volume of booklet production you have.

Morgana lists the appointed dealers in each area on their website. If you have questions on this system I would be pleased to answer them but you can touch base with the dealers directly and they will be able to help you out.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back