Xerox Toner Shortages-Anyone Else Having Problems?

I just had 3 cyan and 8 black V3100 toners ship within a week of ordering, though the black toners showed back order for a few days. I'm in Alaska.

Does the Versant use the same toner and drums as the Versant 180? We are looking to upgrade but have has too many issues with our 180 in regards to quality supplies.
The toner cartridges are different, but the drums are the same. Between the supply quality and availability issues and other design flaws, I would not recommend the V3100 unless you can get a really sweet price on it.

Does the Versant use the same toner and drums as the Versant 180? We are looking to upgrade but have has too many issues with our 180 in regards to quality supplies.
Yes, same supplies and problems. You’ll be fine with a new 4100 until you replace the original Fuji toner/drums that came from Japan with the crap that Xerox is manufacturing. That’s exactly how it went when I got my 280 installed. Nice machines but they either can't fix the problem or figure it's easy enough to say "supply chain issues".

The toner cartridges are different, but the drums are the same. Between the supply quality and availability issues and other design flaws, I would not recommend the V3100 unless you can get a really sweet price on it.
I am actually looking at the 4100. My Xerox Sales Rep told me that it uses different toner and drums. I don't completely trust sales people to have completely correct info.

I am actually looking at the 4100. My Xerox Sales Rep told me that it uses different toner and drums. I don't completely trust sales people to have completely correct info.
Mine said they were the same.
I just received a shipment of drums and black toners. One of my new drums went bad at 99% and another at 98%.
Not looking good for the remaining 2.

The drums are the same for the 80, 180, 280, 2100, 3100 and 4100. Part # 013R00676
My understanding is that the toner is also the same, just different housings.
You'll have the same problems until they get this sorted out.

The drums are the same for the 80, 180, 280, 2100, 3100 and 4100. Part # 013R00676
My understanding is that the toner is also the same, just different housings.
You'll have the same problems until they get this sorted out.
Three years and they haven't sorted it out. What makes you think they will or are even trying? I would not touch a Versant. What are your customers going to say about all the marks on their printed pieces? You think they will come back for more printing?

Three years and they haven't sorted it out. What makes you think they will or are even trying? I would not touch a Versant. What are your customers going to say about all the marks on their printed pieces? You think they will come back for more printing?
I wouldn't recommend a Versant to anyone right now because of the unresolved drum/toner issues and I don't like the direction or lack of it that Xerox is going in. The drum/toner problem is not a 3 year old problem. This particular problem which is very serious started to be a problem in early 2021. So just over a year and that is far too long for this not to be solved. Have they always used cheaper drums than Canon, KM and Ricoh? Yes they have but I didn't care if they lasted 50,000 clicks or 100,000 clicks because they were always on the shelf to replace at no cost to me and it's a 2 minute job that doesn't require service.

When serviced and running properly the Versant line stands up in quality to every other vendor in the same class and they all have pros and cons. But Xerox is throwing all that away now.

Not many options for a quick resolution but this week I'll be contacting the law firm that filed the Class Action Lawsuit against Xerox for these issues for some information.

In 2019 I was running a V3100 when we started see these drum problems. By the middle of 2020 it was getting so bad that I started looking at other printers and decided to move to the Iridesse at the end of 2020. Are you saying the drum issue got even worse in 2021?

In 2019 I was running a V3100 when we started see these drum problems. By the middle of 2020 it was getting so bad that I started looking at other printers and decided to move to the Iridesse at the end of 2020. Are you saying the drum issue got even worse in 2021?
So. Much. Worse.

Yes, very bad. This is a whole other monster, they can fail with 96% life left. It all started with bad batches of toner at end of 2020 early 2021. Xerox wishing away the problem is not going to fix anything. Looks like you made it out right before the collapse.

Moved away from Xerox altogether. Started having issues with the ColorPress parts. Called my Xerox guy and he said Irridesse were having same issues and he spends most of the day chasing complaints on part availability.

Moved away from Xerox altogether. Started having issues with the ColorPress parts. Called my Xerox guy and he said Irridesse were having same issues and he spends most of the day chasing complaints on part availability.
We have had our Iridesse's for over two years and have not had any issues with drums or parts.

Having the same problem here. For the C60. It's been a month, no black toner. They auto shipped me one yellow.........all my black orders are in limbo and I'm not getting anything. They haven't even shipped yet.

Having the same problem here. For the C60. It's been a month, no black toner. They auto shipped me one yellow.........all my black orders are in limbo and I'm not getting anything. They haven't even shipped yet.
I've had black on order for 2 months on Friday for my V180. I call and just get the machine. I have calls into my local sales rep and I'm waiting to hear back. Any time I call Xerox directly I get a machine and never get a return call. I'm also having issues getting yellow.

How have you guys handled being down for an extended period of time? We can't get drums in fast enough for our v180. It took quite a bit of effort for us to get the last batch in, after putting them in the machine last week 3 went bad right away. Also waiting on a BTR.

The Iridesse toner has been in good supply lately, it is getting paper that is the big problem.

So the toner that has been causing the drum problem still has not been fixed?

The drums are wearing out on my V80 quickly here. Our vendor informed us that Xerox will only allow 4 drums per order now. My black toner has been on backorder for nearly a month. Most of our work is done on offset.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back