xerox v280 -- tshirt transfers?

YourCastle

one of my agents/client just asked if we can do t-shirts. I've never done that before. Is there a substrate that both works well transferring onto the t-shirt -and- will NOT screw up my machine?

i'm guessing I'd print it and they'd iron it on?

(i'm just afraid of damaging my printers... which currently work very well, jinx)

thanks!

Before we invested in a DTG Press and dye-sub printing equipment, we used to try making shirts with print transfers from our konica minolta's. Neenah makes a transfer paper specific for digital toner presses called ImageClip. You need to get the right version for the color range of garments that you're printing on. I will say that these did work, however, the image doesn't seem very durable. Nor does it have a good 'hand' and it didn't seem like it would last very long.

In the short term, I'd suggest outsourcing it. Like anything else, track how much you do during a year to determine if it's worth investing in your own equipment to bring in-house. The new DTG machines make it very easy with minimal footprint to produce short to medium run orders.

I've used Neenah's Image Clip transfer paper in the past on a Xerox v180 without issues. However, the quality on ANY of these transfer papers are going to be lacking compared to a DTG machine. Even the best ones will start to degrade after 3-5 washes.

Only proceed using a transfer paper solution if the client understands that this will be a cheap/quick hack, not a product to expect longevity from.

I feel like when your agent/client asks if you do T-shirts, they’ll want something better than a tshirt transfer. In my opinion, T-shirts printer with transfers are NOT commercial grade products and should not be sold to customers.

Your client will likely be wanting/expecting either dtg, sublimation or screen printing and the cheapest option to get into is sublimation.

We have a DTG printer and absolutely love it. Before that, we did sublimation but the limitation there is you can only do light colour polyester.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back