Xerox Versant 180 Owner

Manassasralph

I recently purchased a Xerox Versant 180 at auction. Everything went together well, except for the bustled Fiery.

Mine has a board with two HDMI ports (one marked CK, the other marked YM) (also came with two 20' HDMI cables). I don't see where the HDMI goes to the V180. I am assuming they go to another computer on the network, with a matching board? Even though it is connected to the network, I can't see it on the network. The rear digital display shows 00 in red.

Can someone with this machine tell me about how to correctly hook up the Fiery?

Should plug in directly after the High Capacity trays. The plugin is in the same spot on our j75 and on our Versants.

To clarify:
We have a one cord connecting our Fiery to the internet and a separate cord connecting the fiery directly to the printer.

Attachments

• versantPlugin.PNG
    versantPlugin.PNG
    403.1 KB · Views: 274
On our Versant 180 the two hdmi lookin' cords go into a recessed port on the opposite side of the fuser module. It looks like an empty hole, but if you look at the top of it you'll see markings indicating which is CK and which is YM.

Should plug in directly after the High Capacity trays. The plugin is in the same spot on our j75 and on our Versants.

To clarify:
We have a one cord connecting our Fiery to the internet and a separate cord connecting the fiery directly to the printer.
I think you are talking about the network ethernet cords. Yes, I have local area ethernet cord going into Fiery, and second ethernet going from Fiery to V180. But I am talking about HDMI cables.

On our Versant 180 the two hdmi lookin' cords go into a recessed port on the opposite side of the fuser module. It looks like an empty hole, but if you look at the top of it you'll see markings indicating which is CK and which is YM.
Could you take a picture? Is the recessed port on the exterior or interior?

I think you are talking about the network ethernet cords. Yes, I have local area ethernet cord going into Fiery, and second ethernet going from Fiery to V180. But I am talking about HDMI cables.
I would post a picture for you but I left my phone at home today. The area I am talking about is directly to the left of the area that tngcas posted a pic of. (To the left, just out of frame of his pic)

I would post a picture for you but I left my phone at home today. The area I am talking about is directly to the left of the area that tngcas posted a pic of. (To the left, just out of frame of his pic)
I think you are talking about the HDMI ports on the Fiery (bustled box). Where on the V180 do they plug in? Somewhere on the exterior of the V180 case, close to the fuser?

I think you are talking about the HDMI ports on the Fiery (bustled box). Where on the V180 do they plug in? Somewhere on the exterior of the V180 case, close to the fuser?
No, I am talking about on the Versant 180. If you stand behind the Versant like you took the picture tngcas posted, and then move left about a 1.5ft, you'll see an indentation in the housing. Crouch down and look at the indentation, specifically the top portion that you can't see until you crouch down.

No, I am talking about on the Versant 180. If you stand behind the Versant like you took the picture tngcas posted, and then move left about a 1.5ft, you'll see an indentation in the housing. Crouch down and look at the indentation, specifically the top portion that you can't see until you crouch down.
I can confirm that this is true. They plug in back there somewhere. Just make sure they go in the right order or else you'll get an error.

Thank you, you were correct!
The indentation is centered on the back cover, when you stand on your head you clearly see the two ports.
All is good now.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back