Xerox Versant 3100 service

trdraven

Hello, I currently work for a printshop who has a Versant 3100 and we (by we I mean my boss) recently ended our service contract and are looking for third party service options in Ohio (north central ideally). On top of that we have a 042-326 error on our 3100 which I cant seem to fix. Any insight into any of these issues would be very much appreciated.

That error indicates a transfer belt position issue....try cleaning the registration marks on the IBT belt, IBT position sensor, or replacing the IBT belt.

Where do you plan to source your toner, other consumables, and parts?

Sometimes you can clear an error by shutting down and restarting. Shut down with switch on outside of Versant and wait until it’s completely shut down. Then open front door and turn off main power switch. Wait several minutes and then turn on main switch leaving door open. Turn on by using outside switch leaving door open until it’s booted up and tells you to close door.

I have had a Xerox dealer taking care of my service instead of Xerox and have been very happy. Hopefully, you can find a good dealer in your area to do the same.

Sometimes you can clear an error by shutting down and restarting. Shut down with switch on outside of Versant and wait until it’s completely shut down. Then open front door and turn off main power switch. Wait several minutes and then turn on main switch leaving door open. Turn on by using outside switch leaving door open until it’s booted up and tells you to close door.

I have had a Xerox dealer taking care of my service instead of Xerox and have been very happy. Hopefully, you can find a good dealer in your area to do the same.
I have had it off all weekend and it still booted with the issue. The dealers in this area dont seem to want to service a machine unless it was a machine that was purchased though them, but I will keep looking.

That error indicates a transfer belt position issue....try cleaning the registration marks on the IBT belt, IBT position sensor, or replacing the IBT belt.

Where do you plan to source your toner, other consumables, and parts?
I've gotten toner, drums, fuser parts and some other things from an online printing store called GM Supplies. Unfortunately, Im just trying to make the best of the situation as it wasnt my choice to not have a service contract.

Partsdrop.com is not only a supplier of Xerox parts but they can also be an excellent source of technical information.

Make sure before you power it back up after shutdown that you leave the front panel door open, do not close it until you get the message to close the door. It doesn't always work but it has gotten me back up after some odd errors.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back