Xerox Versant - Color shift from left to right side of print

zpodraza

Hi,

I have a problem with colors across the page. See attached scans of printed images. These sample images were printed on 12x18". Arrow show paper feed direction. The left side is more magenta, right side of the print is more green. I replaced developer powder (all colors) and same problem. All drums are new, with less like 500 prints on them. Any idea how to fix it? Or how to adjust this issue? I have big job to print and I need to have it fixed asap. Please help.

Thanks a lot!

Zibi

Attachments

• DOC044.jpg
    DOC044.jpg
    818 KB · Views: 327
  • DOC045.jpg
    DOC045.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 333
On the Xerox touch screen do the following:
Tools > Setup & Adjustments > Density Uniformity Adjustment > Semi Auto Process using scanner.
Then follow the on screen instructions

Hi,

I have a problem with colors across the page. See attached scans of printed images. These sample images were printed on 12x18". Arrow show paper feed direction. The left side is more magenta, right side of the print is more green. I replaced developer powder (all colors) and same problem. All drums are new, with less like 500 prints on them. Any idea how to fix it? Or how to adjust this issue? I have big job to print and I need to have it fixed asap. Please help.

Thanks a lot!

Zibi
Having similar but different problem.

With a total of 1,944,740 clicks with most being large sheets with a mix of book weight & cover stocks, color is not stable. I use Fiery Color Profile Suite.

Once calibrated I will print a sheet to test against a previous run for a color match. With color not matching a new calibration is made (not from the start, using "calibrator" to check density. It will be off, so I will create a totally new profile using "printer-from the start" selection. It may draw it in a bit closer. When another sample if printed of the color will not be the same. It will drift off.

Xerox techs have no idea why this is happening. Attempting to deliver on a very tight schedule will make my major customer turn elsewhere. Not just for this, but future work. They are frustrated with this color problem to put in mildly.

Anyone else having this color stability issue?

Anyone else having this color stability issue?
I don't have a good answer for you.
We essentially tell our customers that it's impossible to match colors perfectly with our Xerox equipment. There's just too many variables from weather to humidity. to the drums (new drums produce colors different than older ones) and paper shortages (different white balances on different stocks). I'm lucky if I can get an entire job printed on the same brand of paper some days. I certainly can't guarantee a color printed today will match the color printed tomorrow at this point. It's super frustrating but we just have to manage customer expectations.

I don't have a good answer for you.
We essentially tell our customers that it's impossible to match colors perfectly with our Xerox equipment. There's just too many variables from weather to humidity. to the drums (new drums produce colors different than older ones) and paper shortages (different white balances on different stocks). I'm lucky if I can get an entire job printed on the same brand of paper some days. I certainly can't guarantee a color printed today will match the color printed tomorrow at this point. It's super frustrating but we just have to manage customer expectations.
>humidity

this is the biggest one imho. we bought an industrial humidifier and keep the shop at 40% now instead of the 15% it naturally likes to sit at. this has made a HUGE difference in our Versant's performance.

However - it's still not an archival quality machine. It's a production machine. Color shift is just a fact of life.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back