Xerox Woes!

RPC

Actually, I'm very very disgusted with Xerox and their 8000AP. So disgusted, that I'm considering telling them to come and get the machine and refuse to pay for the rest of the lease. I've tried to work with local senior management, but they've been combative and unresponsive. I can't understand how printing "within spec" absolves them from the fact that I'm still producing prints that my customers reject.
I'm sure that I'll end up in court but maybe then I can present my problems to someone who will actually listen and weigh the facts.

RPC---- Unless you have really deep pockets, you can't fight Xerox or Canon, trust me I tried, that's why I'm looking for an independent repair guy in Vegas. I sued them and ran out of money and now I can't get them to fix the machines so I need an independent.

Not what I wanted to hear. Sorry for your troubles. What machines did you have? Do you like the 700?

I have the Xerox Docucolor 700 and the Canon ImagePress C1. Love the Xerox, Speed, and durability is great, Quality is better than OK but has issues with the Fiery Rip. The Canon has better print Quality all the way up to 300 GSM but is very slow and it is not a production machine. Breaks down all the time. As a matter of fact it is down now. Service calls 2 to 3 times a week. on the other hand the Xerox is never down and I run 300 GSM on it all the time. Maybe 10 Service calls all year.
The biggest problem I have with the Xerox is the internal software needs to be upgraded all the time.
The lawsuit was with Canon and my pockets just were not deep enough.
It doesn't matter weather it's Canon or Xerox cause they're both giants and most of us just aren't.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's just the way it is. The contract you signed is probably much like the one I signed. Almost unbreakable according to my lawyers.

Best of luck

RPC,
I don't know why you are having so many problems, I have had my 8000AP for 3 years and am happy as a clam with just over 3,000,000 on it. I have never had a job rejected (knock on wood) and the more I throw at it the better it runs. Are you sure it's installed in the proper environment, and your techs are properly trained?

RPC,
The only way you can win the fight with the likes of Xerox and Canon is through thorough documentation. Make sure your paper trail is complete. Have a complete service history of the machine(along with samples of the rejects, if you still have them). If they push the "it's within spec" and it's clearly not, try and find another shop(on this list or elsewhere) that has the same machine. Then see if they will run some sample jobs of the work that is being rejected by your customers(same files and paper stocks). I suspect it will probably run fine on another machine, and that will be more proof for you to take back to Xerox and show them that they are clearly wrong about your machine.
Also, how old is this machine? Does it still fall under the Xerox Total Satisfaction Guarantee? Total Satisfaction Guarantee for Xerox Equipment If so, throw their own guarantee back at them and see what they say then.

You would think so wouldn't you. I had a complete paper trail with service records and every job that I ran documented and samples (within spec) and a sales rep that promised me this machine would do exactly what I needed and I'm telling you that thousands of dollars later, I lost, I just couldn't keep shelling out the money. If I were smart I would have just tried to negotiate a better deal to pay off the machine and then sell it. Now I'm stuck with a machine that doesn't run and it cost me way more in a long run.

Please don't misunderstand me, This is what happened to me with Canon. Not my Xerox 700. I'm very happy with the Xerox. As a matter of fact I bought the 700 to replace the Canon imagePRESS C1. The C1 was also the 4th machine I had from Canon. I was a good customer over a 15 year period and my Canon rep new the work I did on the machine and like I said he promised me this machine would do the job. By the way, my Canon was 1 year old and I had over 100 service calls in 1 year (52 weeks). My machine was down more than it was running.

presstechnician.com is working on the problem to give people a new source for tech support.

CyMk

RPC,
The only way you can win the fight with the likes of Xerox and Canon is through thorough documentation. Make sure your paper trail is complete. Have a complete service history of the machine(along with samples of the rejects, if you still have them). If they push the "it's within spec" and it's clearly not, try and find another shop(on this list or elsewhere) that has the same machine. Then see if they will run some sample jobs of the work that is being rejected by your customers(same files and paper stocks). I suspect it will probably run fine on another machine, and that will be more proof for you to take back to Xerox and show them that they are clearly wrong about your machine.
Also, how old is this machine? Does it still fall under the Xerox Total Satisfaction Guarantee? Total Satisfaction Guarantee for Xerox Equipment If so, throw their own guarantee back at them and see what they say then.

Thank you very much for sharing your valuable ideas. This will help me during my purchase. I am considering Ricoh 900/901, Canon c6010 & Xerox 800. What is your experience with Ricoh.

Our vendor is a local independent Ricoh dealer(not IKON), so I do not have any direct experience with Ricoh.

Thank you very much for sharing your valuable ideas. This will help me during my purchase. I am considering Ricoh 900/901, Canon c6010 & Xerox 800. What is your experience with Ricoh.

I am also considering ricoh 901, xerox 800 or 8002 or km c8000. In bid process.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back