Xerox yellow toner.

Mike619

Hello! I have a printing business in Eastern Pennsylvania. We use Xerox and are having an extremely difficult time getting yellow toner. I was wondering how many of you out there are experiencing these sorts of problems and if anyone heard anything about when things would be getting back online with the supplies?

I am in Western PA and as of now I have plenty of toner. However, I had several back orders come in about 6 weeks ago which really loaded me up on toner. What machine are you currently using. I currently have a Versant 180 and I am thinking of upgrading to a Versant 4100.

I am in Western PA and as of now I have plenty of toner. However, I had several back orders come in about 6 weeks ago which really loaded me up on toner. What machine are you currently using. I currently have a Versant 180 and I am thinking of upgrading to a Versant 4100.
Glad you doing well with supplies. I also have a Versant 180. thinking of upgrading to a Versant 280 at some point but I’m also looking at Konica Minolta and Ricoh as possibilities. I’m starting to get the idea that having multiple manufactures might give me a little insurance that if I have problems with supplies or service from one manufacturer, I always have another machine from another manufacturer. I do really enjoy running the 180, though. supplies have been difficult to get for months. I also got a bunch of supplies several weeks ago that were on back order but now yellow is getting to be a major problem. i’ve got yellow on back order for about two months. We have a representative in our area for Xerox whos service is really excellent. He has always been helpful in getting supplies to me quickly when orders weren’t coming fast enough. But now even he is out of yellow toner. I have another printer several blocks away from me who I work with on a lot of projects. They are also as a Xerox shop and are having an extremely difficult time getting supplies, particularly yellow. They have a Versant 180 and an Irridesse. My production has really gone crazy this year so I’m hoping we can keep this big machine running.

Yellow and black have been the longest waits for me. We've had quite a bit of downtime the last few months because of the supplies.

I’m starting to get the idea that having multiple manufactures might give me a little insurance that if I have problems with supplies or service from one manufacturer, I always have another machine from another manufacturer. I do really enjoy running the 180, though.
I have a V280 and I do like it. It does everything I need it to do. But supplies...Xerox just can't get it right. I can't take the chance of running out of supplies so I end up sending some larger jobs out that I would normally run on V280. If I need a second press it will need to be from a different vendor, like you said insurance.

I have a V280 and I do like it. It does everything I need it to do. But supplies...Xerox just can't get it right. I can't take the chance of running out of supplies so I end up sending some larger jobs out that I would normally run on V280. If I need a second press it will need to be from a different vendor, like you said insurance.
It's nice to see that there are other people on the same sheet of music. I am going on a Ricoh demonstration in NYC Next week. I will be interested to see what those machines are all about.

It already did. But by the time anyone gets anything resolved it will be time for a new lease.
Xerox Class action
Interesting. So it sounds like this is related to the drums going bad with so few clicks on them? I think the story that I got was that the toner was bad due to metal filings in it or something like that and that that caused the drums to go bad? I want to say that I don't actually know what this problem is. It's just pure speculation on my part. I do know that I have been going through a lot of drums, seemingly way before the stated milage that you should get out of them.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back