Xl 105

duct maestro

hello im a new member. Im looking for people with experience on XL 105's.
How do you find it?
Any common problems you have?
Thanks.

shouldnt this be in the sheetfed/web section?
afterall, we're talking about a press here, not pre-press or workflow

supposedly, they are the cats tits

the only problem i have encountered are the people on it!! my company have crewed our XL with idiots,a year after the Heidelberg Demonstration they are still clueless as to how it works,get the right people on it and its the best press you will ever use.

the only problem i have encountered are the people on it!! my company have crewed our XL with idiots,a year after the Heidelberg Demonstration they are still clueless as to how it works,get the right people on it and its the best press you will ever use.

Couldnt agree more.:)

of course this is true of any press. you can have a great operator that would run a ryobi 3304 better than a poor operator on a speed master 52

today my trusted colleague and i started our shift to discover that the night shift had done nothing,apparently they couldnt print a job which was a nice 4col process with silk coating on 90gsm:confused: so the early shift didnt do much either as they had to pick up the pieces we were then informed by the early shift that the coater wouldnt draw coating up,i was rather confused by this as it was fine yesterday,so after much puzzling we took the filters off and found a glove,yes a glove stuck in the pipe,:confused::confused:PLEASE! IF YOU OWN,MANAGE OR HAVE A VESTED INTEREST IN A PRINTERS DO NOT ALLOW IDIOTS ON YOUR PRESS!!!!! for us its too late but please heed this story.

I made the mistake of buying a press from a printer in chicago notarious for having break downs on friday. it seems the pressman would break the press friday morning and call for a machanic. then do nothing for the hours it took to get someone there and fix the press. the owners would go golfing friday so they would not care. finally they just sold the press and did not replace it. 2 less pressman. too bad I did not find out until after the fact.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back