Xrite 508 Black Calibration

dwanehollands

Hi all,

We've got an Xrite 508 and the press operator was attempting to do a calibration using the white tile supplied. However it then asked for a black calibration.

We don't have any black tiles or anything like that. Do we need to buy that, since we can't use the denso until it's done a black calibration.

(note: not referring to calibrating the denso for doing halftone measurements. Such as Read Paper white, read black ink and then doing the halftone measurement)

Thanks for any advice!

I always do it in a darkened room. It is not looking for a black tile. When it asks for the black cal, just depress the device as though you were reading the white tile but do it while holding it in the air in a darkened room. Thats what the book says and thats what I have always done and it works.

OK, seems to be working..but do I trust it?

OK, seems to be working..but do I trust it?

OK, so I pointed the denso up into the air in a dark room when it does the black calibration. It did 4 readings and flash a light all 4 times? Is that correct?

I've also had a look at my white tile and it appears to be slightly pitted in the centre leaving a dark specs on it. I'm guessing it's reached it's life expectancy.

Does anyone know of an Australian company that I can purchase a new white tile for my Xrite 508 spectrodensitometer?

Hollands Print Solutions

Any Australian Xrite dealers?

Any Australian Xrite dealers?

Hi again,

Just wondering whether there are any Australian Xrite dealers that I can purchase a new 'white tile base plate' for my Xrite 508 Spectrodensitometer?

regards,

Dwane Hollands

Hollands Print Solutions

Xrite sells a replacement calibration plate kit that comes with a disk and a cable to update the internal reference for about $80. Part number 518-62-KIT. I can't help you with an Australian dealer, though.

Bret

Thanks Everyone!

Thanks Everyone!

Great thanks for that information! I've been in contact with the local dealer and they're looking into the Kit or possibly me sending them the denso for recertification.

regards,

Dwane Hollands

Hollands Print Solutions

Does Exist...Not Available

Does Exist...Not Available

OK,

So the plot thickens...

Aparently I've been told that there is a KIT available, however it's not available for general purchase. So they recommend me spending 4x on getting them to do the same thing I could do myself.

So can I buy this from the States since Australian dealer won't allow me to purchase?

Thanks again for that Bret! I'll check that out!

I actually got a phone call from the local dealer who said he asked headquarters why he can't sell the kit when it's available in the states. So they told him THEY WILL now.

He's sending me through prices and availability soon. Thanks again for that link though, if it falls through I'll definetly be trying that out!

Hollands Print Solutions

no need to purchase anything doin the calibration on the dark sometimes it work but nor realible
try this one:
On the main menu set Density then options paper should be ( -paper )
the reason why it ask for black calibration maybe u press the full calibration un noticed

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back