Accent Opaque 80# Cover on Xerox...

kdw75

We have intermittent issues with this stock on our Versant 2100. The majority of the time it will run great, though it may need a little tweaking of the 2nd BTR voltages. Other days we can't get a decent solid on this paper to save our lives. It will have the splotchy appearance, where it looks like the Cyan doesn't cover properly, and will have have white spots, like when a piece of trash sticks to your blanket, and they are always circular. All the adjustment tweaking has no effect when we are having these problems.

Never a problem on the test weights, just the covers.

Has anyone else had problems with this sheet?

Any recommendations on a similar paper that works well?

We have good luck with Accent cover in our Xerox 1000, but we've had problems on other machines with Accent (old KM 8000 could never run accent without mottling).
For jobs with a lot of coverage we used to go to Finch Fine ID. It's a much smoother sheet. I've heard that Accent also just released a new Super-Smooth line, but we haven't tried it yet.

Our Versant is supposed to have the same fuser as your 1000, so I would expect it to do similarly well with printing on these textured stocks. As mentioned though it seems to work most of the time, just not always.

We love using the Finch FCC, but didn't realize they had it in cover weights. I will look into that.

Our Versant is supposed to have the same fuser as your 1000

Similar technology but different. We switched to Cougar because we had such a problem with Accent and toner mottle. Even with cougar high density solid coverage is an issue.

I prefer Cougar Digital, Finch or Hammermill Color Copy Cover. They print much better than Accent but at a higher sheet cost as well.

Our Versant is supposed to have the same fuser as your 1000.

It's not the same fuser, just because it is a belt fuser does not make it the same. Also try Mohawk Color Copy Cover. Keep in mind that paying more for paper that is less troublesome is often times cheaper than screwing around with the cheap stuff!

...The majority of the time it will run great, though it may need a little tweaking of the 2nd BTR voltages.... Any recommendations on a similar paper that works well?

Like Craig, we run Mohawk. The Everyday Digital and some Color Copy 98. On our C75 (I know, nothing like all these CP1000s and Versants) but occasionally when we have mottling on a heavy stock, we up the transfer voltage and it goes away.

If I up the transfer voltage for some stocks on our J75, when a stock is misbehaving, I sometimes see a decrease in the color quality. Does anyone else have this issue with J75 or Versant 2100?

If I up the transfer voltage for some stocks on our J75, when a stock is misbehaving, I sometimes see a decrease in the color quality. Does anyone else have this issue with J75 or Versant 2100?

I think that is the trade off. The idea is to find a percentage that corrects the mottle but doesn't shift your color noticeably. You also may try calibrating using the stock with the non-default transfer setting and see if that corrects the color shift.

Thank for all the suggestions. I have not tried the Embossed paper setting, wish they told what exactly that does, but it turns out that our machine had a mechanical problem that was causing the grief. Where the fuser belt meets the sheet, it runs over a type of fabric looking material. Turns out that that had come loose and wadded up causing uneven pressure, and finally got to the point where it destroyed the fuser belt. Now that we have a new fuser in it is printing great.

All that said, I really appreciate the alternate paper suggestions for our C75, which is pickier.

I have issues with a lot of the speciality cover stocks as well and the Embossed/Texture setting like DYP had mentioned to try helps a bit on these stocks. Instead of setting type to Plain use this setting

We have intermittent issues with this stock on our Versant 2100. The majority of the time it will run great, though it may need a little tweaking of the 2nd BTR voltages. Other days we can't get a decent solid on this paper to save our lives. It will have the splotchy appearance, where it looks like the Cyan doesn't cover properly, and will have have white spots, like when a piece of trash sticks to your blanket, and they are always circular. All the adjustment tweaking has no effect when we are having these problems.

Never a problem on the test weights, just the covers.

Has anyone else had problems with this sheet?

Any recommendations on a similar paper that works well?

Having exactly the same issue on both our 2100's - you had any response from Xerox yet?

Having exactly the same issue on both our 2100's - you had any response from Xerox yet?

The OP said the problem was resolved a few posts up.

"Thank for all the suggestions. I have not tried the Embossed paper setting, wish they told what exactly that does, but it turns out that our machine had a mechanical problem that was causing the grief. Where the fuser belt meets the sheet, it runs over a type of fabric looking material. Turns out that that had come loose and wadded up causing uneven pressure, and finally got to the point where it destroyed the fuser belt. Now that we have a new fuser in it is printing great.

All that said, I really appreciate the alternate paper suggestions for our C75, which is pickier."

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back