X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a Nexpress, I say we make Indigo illegal

Comment

Originally posted by HRoss View Post
      This problem is much larger than just having printers separating the waste. Most of the waste will be in the hands of consumers. They have no way of knowing how products are printed and are not likely to care. This issue reminds me of the recycling issues raised with UV inks and coatings. In many discussions with the recycling associations, there was no give on changing anything is their processes. Why? It costs more money and there was no incentive to change. As someone stated earlier, locations doing recycling are not widespread and are limited in capacity. They can be very selective in their incoming waste. I will not pretend to have an answer, but I believe it we need a coordinated effort between Material, Machine, and Recycling Companies. As technologies change, ALL involved have to make changes as well.
      These issues have been known for 20 years and nothing has been done. No one has come to the plate offering any kind of solutions. I chose not to use an INdigo press went with toner based production for variable data and short runs of 200 or less which is recycleable. All other production is with offset.

Comment

Apparently the green movement has evolved to nothing. Nobody cares unless they are forced in any way shape or form to comply. If you can sell it with no repercussions go for it. At this moment most environmental problems are just kicked down the road let the next guy fix it. With all the prining firms in the world from what info I have gathered less the .5% are certified in any kind of green programs.

As i have said before NO BODY CARES.
        Last edited by Green Printer; 09-17-2018, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Printer View Post
          Apparently the green movement has evolved to nothing. Nobody cares unless they are forced in any way shape or form to comply. If you can sell it with no repercussions go for it. At this moment most environmental problems are just kicked down the road let the next guy fix it. With all the prining firms in the world from what info I have gathered less the .5% are certified in any kind of green programs.

I tend to agree with you. Real environmental issues have been made invisible but I think a large part of the fault of this has been the over zealous and wrong effort by some environmentalists and climate alarm activists to put the emissions of CO2 as the one and only evil issue to be addresses or we will all die. I see no lack of printers who want to do lip service to their small emission footprint, even if many know it is mainly for marketing reasons.

If people are pressured, by government, customers and activist shaming efforts, into dealing with non problems then that is going to affect dealing with real problems such as some of the chemical and deinking issues you have brought here for discussion.

Every potential environmental issue can't be THE MOST important issue. Some rational prioritization is required.

Comment

Id have to agree with your statements. But its because of one main thing. Profits. Having these programs, paying for certifications, implementing heavy recycling all cost money. That eats into profits. Its easy for the workers and everyone to want to do the recycling. They still get paid for it. It cost owners money out of their pockets. That is why its hard to get people on board with recycling or "green printing".

Comment

Some people do care.
              Look into "B Corps" https://bcorporation.net/

Some people care but can't find jobs at companies that care

Comment

Thing is, it's much cheaper and easier to "don't care" than to act the other way. Until governments are occupied with retaining and applying power (at least for 4-5 years) instead of 'governing', the industry and the circles pocketing the profits will do whatever they see fit.

We, the people will have to stop waiting for laws and legislations change – we have to act by ourselves to end this whole madness. And, frankly, we don't have to start with HP inks and laminates. Start with excessive plastic usage (a current EU program). Reject all plastic which don't have a usage longer than a week. Use paper, textile for bags and package. Buy quality products which last longer instead of buying something new each week. And so on.

Comment

Originally posted by CKL View Post
                  Some people do care.
                  Look into "B Corps" https://bcorporation.net/

Some people care but can't find jobs at companies that care
                  Hewlett-Packard is not a member of BCORP

Comment

Hewlett-Packard is not a member of BCORP
                    I don’t think he ever claimed it to be. Sounds like you just have a personal vendetta against HP.

Comment

Originally posted by AP90 View Post

I don’t think he ever claimed it to be. Sounds like you just have a personal vendetta against HP.
                      Your are right he did not. I was just pointing out that HP was not a member.

Hp removed them selves from the Paper and circular economy decades ago.

The following link from 2 sides will help explain paper and the circular economy.

https://twosidesna.org/US/paper-and-...cular-economy/

https://www.arcadis.com/media/9/D/3/...%20Economy.pdf

http://www.cepi.org/node/18614

https://www.yara.com/siteassets/sust...areconomy.pdf/

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/19/b...led-paper.html
                      Last edited by Green Printer; 09-20-2018, 06:27 AM. Reason: added additonal circular economy sights

Comment

Unconfigured Static HTML Module

Collapse

Static HTML Module Content
                      4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimateTharstern
                      4OverStandard FinishingDuploCanonKBAKBA4 PeesSmartsoft (Presswise)TharsternUltimate

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5143 users online. 103 members and 5040 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                      X