Slit, Perf, Score in one Units

postnetnc133

I am wishing to get a slit,score, perf,crease in one unit (Duplo 615 or 645) or Digifold etc. If I were to get this unit would a business card cutter even be needed as well would we be able to take most of our cut work away from our ream cutter to this unit and does anyone have any input on make and model to recommend or ones to avoid?

My input is that they are SLOW, I opted to get a Baum 2020 with microperf and Ultimate Score tooling and still cut with the guillotine. We also have a letterpress to handle the little bit of slitting/diecutting he may have. I am looking at the Sun Business Card Gutter slitter though.

We own one and use it primarily for business cards. Undoubtably it is quite slow for most things (I believe it processes at only 26 - 12x18 sheets/min based on maximum throughput that slows down the more cuts/creases you make). We like it okay but have had lots of issues with the feeder on it. We've never had good luck with it. The sheets have to be perfectly flat and even then we sometimes have trouble.

We purchased it with the additional "business card module" that I believe costs about 3K extra. You can use the regular slitters but you can only get 6 slits per sheet meaning that you can only run business cards in 3 positions if you are doing full bleed (12-out on a 12x18 sheet - 4 across the 18" and 3 down the 12").

The registration mark that is read by the machine and adjusted on the fly also slows down the machine as it has to slow down/stop to read the mark. We've also noticed that it's not perfect for everything we do. Sometimes it's dead on, other times we have to adjust it slightly to get nice even borders on tight registration cards.

We've had a technician come in to adjust the feeder (new belts, solenoids etc) with no success. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't work so well and we have an operator stand by the machine and "help" it feed the sheets.

The software supplied for setup of the machine is less than stellar. One issue we don't like is that everything has to be done in metric measurements. While I was told by Duplo that most people work in millimeters our shop is behind the times and we still use 12x18" paper instead of 304.8x457.2 mm paper.

For the high cost of this machine I wouldn't recommend it based on the performance I've seen. For the throughput it has it needs to be priced so smaller shops see it as a viable option. Larger shops that could afford to spring for one really need something that runs paper through faster. However it does have a nice niche in what we do. It's great for wedding invitations or items with creases that need to be near perfect since it does align with the registration marks.

Hi guys im looking to upgrade my victorian style rollom with the purchase of the graphic whizard finishmaster 150 for perf and some creasing, any pros or cons would be great

thanks klew

Hi guys im looking to upgrade my victorian style rollom with the purchase of the graphic whizard finishmaster 150 for perf and some creasing, any pros or cons would be great

thanks klew

Klew, I am the director of sales for GW and would be happy to answer any of your questions about the finishmaster 150.

James Tucciarone
Graphic Whizard.com
760-212-4206

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back