CTP Error

BrunoF1981

Hello Guys,

He've bought a Used Thermal CTP, a Heidelberg Trendsetter, about half a year ago.

It worked fine until a month ago, when after workingf for a time (about half an hour), first it dosen't record the plates (they come out clean) and righ after if appears an error messagem, the states: DTD +24V supply low...

And only if i shut it down for a couple of hours , it works agin, but only for short periods of time...

Does anybody know what can be the problem?

Thanks

Hi Bruno,
had the same problem here a couple of weeks ago.
Open the rear cover and check for all the connection. They should be fix and stable.
Give a gently pressure to the boards (especially on the left side of the head). It seem that the laser head has not the right level of power.
This may be due to some false contact on some board (as happened to me - and costed a bunch of 100€) or worst, I mean a problem in the power supply.
In the last case is better to call a tech guy and ask for replacing the power supply.

Hello Bruno,
I hope that Gianni's advice has solved your problem.
If you still need help, one of our engineers can remotely connect to your Heidelberg Trendsetter CtP and find the reason the of problem. If you need the power supply, we have them available at a very competitive price. We can also help if you would need assistance with the laser head.
Please send me a PM if you need further help.

Peter Warzecha
Viprofix Prepress Solutions

Bruno,
Some conditions may be on the end range of acceptable conditions. Some semiconductors may develop sensitivity to ambient conditions or both. In general DTD errors are generated by laser thermal head internals most of the time. Remote diagnostic is the way to sort things out.
From operator perspective just make sure that the machine works in optimal conditions: 23 C (+/- 5 C), 55% non condensing humidity (+/- 15%), steady 220V AV electric supply, sufficient blower air flow if you have 20W laser head.
Coolant circulation if you have 40W laser head.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back