X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nexus 8.6 rev 1

is out. Enjoy.
    Joe
    OS: Mac OS X 10.10.2 - RIP: Prinergy Connect 6.1 - CTP: Luscher XPose! 160 (2)

Re: Nexus 8.6 rev 1

I just went to have a look and the most current version I see is still 8.5 rev 3. I wonder if they took it down...

Comment

> {quote:title=MJX wrote:}{quote}
      > I just went to have a look and the most current version I see is still 8.5 rev 3. I wonder if they took it down...

From the email notification:

If you currently have a maintenance contract for this product but can't see
      this version to make a software build on the Download Center, please contact
      Artwork Systems' customer service department at 215-826-4520 or by email at
      support@aws-us.com. Please provide your Customer Code and dongle number
      when reporting the issue.
      Joe

Comment

Thanks Joe, I'll go and fire off an email at 'em...

How are you getting email updates btw? I seem to have missed out on that.

Comment

You sign up for them at the download center.
          Joe

Comment

bummer, just upgraded to 8.5 rev 3. While we're at it I might just go to 8.6 or are there allready issues to consider?

Even though I registered at the download center, I didn't get any mail on the release of 8.6

Comment

I tested a couple of jobs on 8.6 and didn't see any issues but that was far from a comprehensive set of tests. Right now my biggest issue is that AWS will only let me download the update for one of my Nexus boxes. It says the maintenance date has expired on the other (which it has not).
              Joe

Comment

my main issue is I don't even see the 8.6 version in the download center. 8.5 rev3B is the latest I get. what's up with that?

Comment

Check with you local support office, it is not released as a global update as each support office likes to test it before they release it to there respective country.

Comment

Joe, is there still an issue with InDesign CS3 files running from an Intel box not getting the correct document page number (I print page 5, but it appears as page 1) in Nexus? I know I can turn on "run with Rosetta" to get around it, but I don't want to take the performance hit when I do so.

Comment

I don't know yet. We can't download the software for that dongle yet. We resolved the issue with our service contract but it takes a few days for them to fix the DLC. I'll try it as soon as I am able to download the software.
                      Joe

Comment

Has anybody installed. I'm running Window 2003 and 8.6_r1 freezes quite often. (twice a shift) Anybody else??

Comment

yes we have. I am running on windows 2000 server.

Comment

> {quote:title=dauby wrote:}{quote}
                            > yes we have. I am running on windows 2000 server.

I thought you couldn't run Nexus 8.6 on Windows 2000????

Comment

We installed 8.6 last week and had the same problems we had with the 8.5
                              The Export PDF and Open Artpro file activities fail without any clear reason. We had someone from EskoArtwork over without any result. Besides staying on 8.4 rev 4.

Also on Windows 2003.

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)Standard FinishingKBA4Over
                              UltimateDuploStandard FinishingKBAKBA GTIChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4020 users online. 93 members and 3927 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
                              X