Prinergy 8 and Black Overprint Issue

lostmind

Since I'm posting today, I figure I might as well address another issue with Prinergy 8 and see if you might also be having this issue. When refining a pdf, I usually go into my settings and tell the black to overprint. I've noticed on a couple of occasions, this is being ignored. I thought perhaps the "don't overprint type over 12 pts" is overwriting my black overprint request, but some of the items are not embedded type, but objects that have been outlined. They are all 100% black. One was a line of type placed on a photoshop ad which I converted to 4-color build and the other I had to go into the pdf using Pitstop and telling the graphic to overprint and it worked. I had another occasion where there were lines with arrowheads at the end and the lines overprinted but the arrowheads knocked out. Is this a bug or can someone explain why this is happening or a possible fix? Thank You!

Check your preflight profile. It could be affecting the overprint/knockout issues too.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back