Roland SP540v - Black and Magenta print issue

Krishan

Hi

I have run into a serious issue in my sp540v and don't know how to get it fixed or what need to be fixed. Please I really appreciate anyone's comment/advise to find a way to get the printer working. Printer has been working really good for many years until last week when I switched it on and did a test print to see the following test print..
IMG_20220117_124418571.jpg

The Yellow and Blue test prints are ok but the Black and Magenta is messed up. I did a 4 colour bar print from versaworks and that looked like below
IMG_20220117_124440407.jpg

So it definitely there is a problem in Black and Magenta print. The annoying thing is the issue is not from a single printhead but from both heads and Black print from first head 1st channel and Magenta print from second head 1st channel so the issue is a combination of both heads. What I have done so far,

1. I swapped the data cables from Carriage Board to Printheads but still the same

2. Put in new data cables from Carriage Board to Printheads but still the same

3. Reading forum comments here I did a check on the 8 transistors and they all show 43 on the two end legs of each transistor. I assuming they are not blown?

4. Both F2 and F3 printhead fuse are ok not blown

IMG_20220117_124513475.jpg

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

Please I really like ssomeone's advice here where to go from here..Thank you in advance!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back