Montax imposer – Acrobat imposition plugin

PetrXB

Montax imposer - pdf imposition plugin for Adobe Acrobat (at this time Windows only)

booklet.jpg cards.jpg
  • quick and easy Acrobat plugin
  • you can use it for offset and digital print
  • business cards, tickets or booklet imposition in a few seconds
  • combines easy to use plugin with complex functions of costly imposition software
  • allows whatever imposition type or binding method (perfect binding, sewing binding, saddle stitching, etc.)
  • live preview
  • cut & stack, step & repeat, page scale, ...
  • automatic or manual page size
  • customizable marks
  • multiple pdf in imposition
  • many imposition presets for typical cases
  • custom imposition templates

More info and download on www.montax-imposer.com.

PetrXB, can I presume that you work for the developer? If so, the links to 1.01 demo appear to download the 0.93 demo version (the “about” option does not show the version number, however that is what the installer states).

Apart from that the product appears to work as intended and is simple/intuitive enough for users with impo software experience. Thank you for sharing.

Stephen Marsh

Stephen, thank you very match for our post. I am sorry for mistake, bat the 0.9.3 is only omission in setup description, in fakt it is realy 1.0.1 version. Corrected.
I worked in pre-press and press a long time and now I developed (together with others) our own imposition software, because none of the others did not satisfy for me:rolleyes:
I will be grateful for any comments and suggestions.

Well PetrXB, it is a saturated, feature rich market with many long established players with large user bases and happy customers that are willing to share their praise... What makes your software different, or is it just the same? Is it program features? Speed or ease of use? Price point? License options? Better support? Free upgrades? Why would a prospective customer buy your product over similar PDF impo tools such as - PDF Snake; ARTS PDF Crackerjack; Quite Imposing; Imposal; Speedflow Impose; Callas PDF Toolbox, Absolutely Imposing, Dynagram inpO2, Devalipi Imposition Studio etc?

P.S. Take a look at this clever little app for iOS or Android devices:

http://printplanet.com/forums/prepress-workflow-discussion/30309-number-up-calculating-app

I am not aware of any common PDF imposing tools that allow the rotation of some jobs on the sheet to be different than most of the others (in order to maximise sheet use when paper grain is not a concern, screenshot attached).

Stephen Marsh

Attachments

• Nup.jpg
    Nup.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Hello Stephen,
I tried to combine simple and easy to use plugin with possibilities of large softwares - live previews, complex and customizable imposition scheme etc.
These softwares are good, but each of these softwares had some "but..." (although I obviously used it for many years, but that's way always missing something...). If succeeded, must say customers...
In the design of imposition algorithm I take into account also rotated pages, but each extra function complicates the program control... Still I assume development the version with separately adjustable pages.
Already in this version it is possible to independently page rotate, but must be in "table" - pages are organized in rows and columns. In this version is also possible to independetly impose more documents, although this feature will be more usable in future version.
It is always a difficult decision between a number of features and consuming on program control. If a customer's request for additional functions, may be new version available soon. Therefore be grateful for the feedback and requirements for the program.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back