About Offset machine calibration using X rite i1 Pro (without polarization filter

ponnapati123

We are calibrating Offset machine without polarization filter using X rite i1,that is M0 measurement device. But as per my understanding MO device doesn't filter UV and we are using fluorescent papers, and due to glossyness of inks in wet sheet MO device will give different results. I would like to know which device is best suitable to this situation!!!!!!

We are calibrating Offset machine without polarization filter using X rite i1,that is M0 measurement device. But as per my understanding MO device doesn't filter UV and we are using fluorescent papers, and due to glossyness of inks in wet sheet MO device will give different results. I would like to know which device is best suitable to this situation!!!!!!

M0 is for any use where neither substrate nor imaging colorants fluoresce. M0 does not fully define either the measurement illuminant condition or the UV content of the light source. It's meant to include historical instruments that do not fit into any of the other M conditions.

This was the case for the instruments that were used to create the ISO/GRACoL data sets - i.e. all industry standard print conditions have been established with M0 instrumentation. OBAs were present in the substrates but were not considered. Effectively M0 is the de facto standard measurement illumination condition for graphic arts

Despite that ISO 13655 specifies that M0 is not recommended for use when measured sheets exhibit fluorescence (which is the case for most printing papers but not proofing papers!) where there is a need to exchange measurement data between facilities.

If you're sure that your inks don't fluoresce then M1, part 2 may be appropriate as it is designed for use when a substrate may fluoresce and you want to include the fluorescing characteristic.

M2 excludes UV (i.e. UV-cut)

It's a mess that many, if not most, printshops ignore.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back